Word is Holyfield is going to be #1 back

brownceluse

Exactly. Kirby was our Defensive Coach for enough years to put a few rings on his finger. The man knows how to build the toughest defense in the nation, and I have no idea he's growing some monsters at UGA that are going thoroughly embarrass some SEC teams this year.

What’s funny is the same folks would pick Bama to beat Muschamp without a thought. But are worried Kirby can’t beat him.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
What’s funny is the same folks would pick Bama to beat Muschamp without a thought. But are worried Kirby can’t beat him.

The odds are 80/20 the 'Cocks get curb stomped. The problem with odds is they work great until the opening kickoff.

I'm pretty sure we're going to win, I just don't want them to get the big head early on. CKS will keep them frosty all season long (I hope).

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The odds are 80/20 the 'Cocks get curb stomped. The problem with odds is they work great until the opening kickoff.

I'm pretty sure we're going to win, I just don't want them to get the big head early on. CKS will keep them frosty all season long (I hope).
It's called discipline ;) You've got one job to do. Do it to 100% of your ability 100% of the time and you will reap the rewards.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It's called discipline ;) You've got one job to do. Do it to 100% of your ability 100% of the time and you will reap the rewards.

Tell that to a college kid. I was a college kid once. Screw that. I'm goin' drankin' and chasin' skirts.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
No worries Dawgs LSwho, Auburn are our huckleberries.......
Tide is down on defense this year. Another rebuilding, trying to find a D leader on the squad. If we meet again for the SEC UGA just might have the edge, if they can stop the double threat on our Offense.

brownceluse

Tide is down on defense this year. Another rebuilding, trying to find a D leader on the squad. If we meet again for the SEC UGA just might have the edge, if they can stop the double threat on our Offense.

Bama ain’t down there just reloading...? We are weak in the D line and that’s without any injuries. So I’m real concerned as we go down the stretch. We need a leader to emerge on defense as well with Roquan gone. Plus if Fromm gets hurt we’ll be playing with a rookie QB again. It worked last year but that usually not good for business.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Bama ain’t down there just reloading...? We are weak in the D line and that’s without any injuries. So I’m real concerned as we go down the stretch. We need a leader to emerge on defense as well with Roquan gone. Plus if Fromm gets hurt we’ll be playing with a rookie QB again. It worked last year but that usually not good for business.
Don't underestimate rookie QB's. It's worked out pretty good for us so far......except when we played those orange kitty cats from SC. :banginghe

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

It's surprising CKS is on year 3 and the defense isn't totally stout. We do have some decent talent that just needs to be coached up. I'm thinking Smart and Tucker will get the job done and by the end of the season they will be sharp.

joepuppy

If he has any intention of beating CKS, he better do it this year, as the talent gap is approaching Grand Canyon scale.
If Butch taught me anything, talent does not a game win alone.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
If Butch taught me anything, talent does not a game win alone.

This is true, but if CKS is a good as I think he is, then the two will make a nice combination.
The question that always resides in the back corner of my mind, is he that good. If you go by his first two years he is. But that is a very small sample to draw from. If he can continue to improve, he has tremendous upside. Will there be bumps in the road? Yes and we might see some this year, just hope we can dodge most of them. Although I like messing with the Bamers, I do not think we are at their level right now. But then I dont think we are that far behind them. I have been following College football since the 50's and I have figured one thing out, and that is you can never figure out a bunch of kids not far out of high school.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Last year was last year and this years team is missing some of those pieces to be sure but we out played bama last year head to head and but for some EXTREMELY BIASED refereeing in the second half.we win that game.

For sure there are going to be bumps in the road, even Saban hits them occasionally, and this years squad may hit one with the talent loss we suffered but I think we'll do just fine and be there at the end again.

I predict another Final 4 appearance.

brownceluse

It's surprising CKS is on year 3 and the defense isn't totally stout. We do have some decent talent that just needs to be coached up. I'm thinking Smart and Tucker will get the job done and by the end of the season they will be sharp.
They were missing on I state elite D linemen but that changed in this upcoming class. If Thompson hadn’t left we’d been better off but he didn’t.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We currently have 5 RB's that could start at most school, so if anyone thinks we have an issue there is delusional.

BornToHuntAndFish

Word is Holyfield is going to be #1 back

No doubt in today's game that Swift appears to be the #1 back, at least in the 1st Qtr. :bounce:

Looks like UGA will be passing way more today than running the ball.

i