“120 Minimum Glass Ceiling”

across the river

Just wanted to see a pic of ga deer that is 4 yrs old and 100 inches.

Just look at most of the deer people post pictures of on here. 15" wide, basket rack 8. Looks essentially just like the one in that slide show, only there are older.

Long Cut

Waiting to receive his jawbone from the taxidermist for CA & TCA aging.
Don’t have many quality pictures of him, but we’re guessing he’s 5+.. My deer processor said they’d guess he was 6-7YO but again, these are guesses until his jawbone is closely looked at.

Here’s a GA buck that’s PROBABLY over 4 years old, but would never break 100”. 8AB09C86-EDA9-4C6A-BEE7-778AAD691B2E.jpeg56FBC2A6-DAA5-462A-AF8D-E20E91E035D8.jpeg68B3F4A7-E607-4A83-8138-3A745A98A6D1.jpeg

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I’d like to see some 3-4yr olds people have passed on. Regardless of size, if you’re going to be “managing”, one must be able to understand what a 3-4 yr old looks like.
B49A19FE-761B-42D5-B4B1-F660622A04FA.jpeg
Cell phone pic at about 50 yards. This was 2 seasons ago. He didn’t show up this year. Another member had him on camera after season so I know he made it. I put him at 3 1/2 then. I see several 3 year olds in this spot every year. Killed a biologist confirmed 4 1/2 in 2019

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
VERY few hunters are willing to pass bucks until they are 5+, so most trophy clubs never reach the desired goal. The very worst deer to take if you are managing for old, mature bucks, is a good genetic 3 or 4 year old. Unfortunately, this is what makes up the bulk of the bucks taken, even in clubs that say they are trophy managed.

Yep, I know I shoot my share of them :rofl:

Dbender

View attachment 1066143
Cell phone pic at about 50 yards. This was 2 seasons ago. He didn’t show up this year. Another member had him on camera after season so I know he made it. I put him at 3 1/2 then. I see several 3 year olds in this spot every year. Killed a biologist confirmed 4 1/2 in 2019
Just glancing at the pic, I'd say that deer is an early born 2.5 yr old. Maybe I'm just a yr off on my estimations. Maybe I have to adjust my thinking.

livetohunt

Yep, I know I shoot my share of them :rofl:
Me too. In the past I wasn't as picky as I am now. I remember in 2009 shooting a 167 inch typical 14pt and he was only a 3 year old..That buck would have been a world class typical in 2 or 3 years.

OleCountryBoy

MFDC5603.JPG
We are pretty sure this is an older 4+ buck. He lives in Meriwether Co, QDM, should have decent genetics, a few 150s+ in these woods. 120inch min on this property, he's pretty safe.