“120 Minimum Glass Ceiling”

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hard to judge the age at that angle but looks like a 4 year old? Good for Jim on that one. Not many people would pass that buck.

Landowner said he believed he was 3 before I got on stand. He came back by an hour later. Body looked a hair slimmer from the profile. He looked good from the stand for sure

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Who higher and who is lower. What are the age differences. 3 to 4 year difference seems drastic.
The deer that my dad killed last year was aged using the jawbone method by a state biologist at 4 1/2 years old. The Cementum age was 8 1/2. Based on the number of years that we had been getting pics of him, I would say that the Cementum age was much more accurate. The buck that my son killed this year (129 P&Y)was jawbone aged at 2 1/2, while the Cementum age was 5 1/2. This particular deer, we had on camera last year and was definitely not an 18 month old deer last year. The deer that I killed this year was also aged at 2 1/2 years using the jawbone method, and based in on the pics we had of him last year, there is no way that is correct. I am guessing that he is 4 1/2- 5 1/2. Still waiting on the results from the Cementum aging.