6.5 Creedmore rifles everywhere

Dub

I started growing my man bun today, and here's the Creed' I'll be smokin' mega-toad warriors with next season...

View attachment 1115703

Bet y'all ALL gon be jelly...

You way ahead and leading us. (y)

I'm still scratching my butt and trying to cipher how my balding noggin can produce a man bun hairstyle.

I may just have to settle on the hipster beard and oversized white-framed sunglasses.

NWS

If a person uses data published by reputable sources .... then there is no reason to be close ....the lawyers have made sure of that ...

If they go beyond .... then they are on their on ... even many firearms manuals say not to use reloads ....
Interesting to note that some old Reloading Manuals (Speer for example) had many Safe “Mid Range” loads that are now considered Very Hot or over Maximum compared to today’s Reloading Manuals. Looks like a lot of data that was considered Safe back in the 1970’s & 80’s could now today be considered Hot or over Max. Of course we shot hundreds or thousands of those loads back in the day with good results.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
What all the various 6.5 cartridges have in common are the .264 diameter bullets. At all the different velocities of the cartridges the .264 dia hunting bullets have excellent Ballistic Coefficients and outstanding Sectional Densities. They perform and kill above their pay grade.

BriarPatch99

Interesting to note that some old Reloading Manuals (Speer for example) had many Safe “Mid Range” loads that are now considered Very Hot or over Maximum compared to today’s Reloading Manuals. Looks like a lot of data that was considered Safe back in the 1970’s & 80’s could now today be considered Hot or over Max. Of course we shot hundreds or thousands of those loads back in the day with good results.

And even Speer tell you not to use that data...

Dub

Everybody needs to lighten up. It’s just my stab at a little humor!!!! Glad you got a kick out of it!

I had some serious stuff to attend to during the last two days.

More serious than I thought.....everything handled now. The laughs from @Geezer Ray were still making me grin when I hit your post.. :rofl: Agreed, man...laughs are good. There are so many things to get riled up about in the course of a day....no worries over what guns a person wants to hunt & target shoot with.....I'm truly grateful they are actually hunting & shooting.

Tomorrow and Thursday are mine to get some fun stuff done. 100% shooting related. :banana:

Dub

What all the various 6.5 cartridges have in common are the .264 diameter bullets. At all the different velocities of the cartridges the .264 dia hunting bullets have excellent Ballistic Coefficients and outstanding Sectional Densities. They perform and kill above their pay grade.

Is Tikka still making their rifles on long actions ?

If so...wonder if their magazines allow that additional room to shine through to the handloader wanting to almost jam those Bergers on the lands ????

NWS

Always wanted a WIN 70 XTR Featherweight in 6.5 Swede. I have XTR FWT’s in 7x57, 243 & 30/06. I traded a 257 Bob XTR FWT and regret that. A 6.5 XTR FWT would be nice.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Is Tikka still making their rifles on long actions ?

If so...wonder if their magazines allow that additional room to shine through to the handloader wanting to almost jam those Bergers on the lands ????
Tikka basically shims their long action mags in the rear for the short cartridges.
They have a cool long mag that works with Short Magnum cartridges, Belted Mag cartridges and 06 based long action cartridges, all from the same mag interchangeably.
*Edited to correct
Mountain Tactical makes those long action mags for the Tikka rifles.

sleepr71

I’ve always wanted a .260 out of the Remington Custom Shop,or from a custom rifle maker. A lightweight deal..like the Alaskan Wilderness Rifle,topped with nice glass. I guess I can let that go now that the CM is soo cool. Is the 260 even built anymore ??

bullgator

I sure hope my old single shot 270 will still kill deer and other assorted critters and varmints.
I guess you missed the CDC memo that came out about 12-15 years ago. It said the effectiveness of the .270 had dropped off to almost non-lethal levels. They recommended the 6.5 CM booster.
:flag:

GunnSmokeer

If I wanted to be competitive in long range (700 yards or more) shooting matches, I think I'd get a 6.5 Creedmoor.
But for my purposes, punching paper at 200 and 300 yards, with one trip to a 600 yard range every year or two years, my .308, .243, and .30-06 will be just fine.

If I owned a 7mm Rem Mag, I don't think I'd bother getting a 6.5 Creedmoor.