Braves 2021 Season Thread

treemanjohn

Banned
It's very difficult for a pitcher to give full concentration to the whole line up. It's very exhausting. Fredricks K's aren't surprising. He's the heartbeat of the lineup and a critical out. Look back at former "chokers" in the MLB playoffs. It's a whos who of the batting world. Barry Bonds was a "choker" but he's also the most prolific hitter in MLB history. He was also a critical out

Not a lot of big name hitters on this list of MVPs.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/history/awards/_/id/23

Whitefeather

Management Material
Travis D’arnoud was unbelievable behind the plate last night. I don’t think he gets credit he’s due. They weren’t very good when he was out for 3 months, as soon as he came back this team turned around.

Duff

Travis D’arnoud was unbelievable behind the plate last night. I don’t think he gets credit he’s due. They weren’t very good when he was out for 3 months, as soon as he came back this team turned around.
Agree 100% WF

DannyW

I looked at tonight's opposing pitcher, Walker Buehler, and boy he had a great year...16-4, .247 ERA with a WHIP of .97. Almost every start was 6+ innings.

But I found a couple of warts...he did have a half dozen starts this year where he gave up 4-5-6 earned runs. One other significant finding, his month of September was awful. In 5 starts he never made it past the 3rd inning twice, and he had a 5.40 ERA and a WHIP of nearly 1.50 for the month. Arm fatique?

But he should be well rested tonight, he's only pitched 10 innings over the last 16 days.

HermanMerman

Duvall scores if he moonwalked from third. And Morton has to bunt there…especially if he is going to watch two fastballs go right down the pipe. I can’t wait for the DH.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

HermanMerman

Another reason I have lost interest in baseball.

I played more baseball than I can remember. I was raised playing and loving the traditional game. I love hit and runs, first and third defense, sacrifice bunts, suicide squeezes, safety squeezes, bowling over a catcher blocking the plate, smashing someone with a fastball in the ribs if they deserve it…. But I just can’t stand to watch Charlie Morton come to the plate when damage can be done…. I sound like Crash Davis now so I’ll shut up.

Speaking of safety squeezes, we could have used one right there instead of d’arnaud grounding into a double play. This series isn’t about runs being a premium, it’s about the opportunity to score runs being a premium. They have to do whatever they can to get dudes across the plate.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I played more baseball than I can remember. I was raised playing and loving the traditional game. I love hit and runs, first and third defense, sacrifice bunts, suicide squeezes, safety squeezes, bowling over a catcher blocking the plate, smashing someone with a fastball in the ribs if they deserve it…. But I just can’t stand to watch Charlie Morton come to the plate when damage can be done…. I sound like Crash Davis now so I’ll shut up.

Speaking of safety squeezes, we could have used one right there instead of d’arnaud grounding into a double play. This series isn’t about runs being a premium, it’s about the opportunity to score runs being a premium. They have to do whatever they can to get dudes across the plate.

That's why I'm losing interest. The DH takes all of the strategy out of the game.

You're right about the opportunity to score runs being the premium.

Whitefeather

Management Material
It’s killing these announcers that the Braves are winning.
I said the very exact thing to my wife 30 minutes ago. They can’t believe the Braves are taking it to them.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I left Gainesville when they were down 2-0, quit listening on my way home for 2 hrs. Get home they’re up 5-2… watched for 30 minutes and they are tied. I shut it off