Cva scout v2

weagle

CVA seems to be having a hard time keeping up with current demand, but if they ever need to boost sales they would do well to release limited runs in less mainstream chamberings like 22 hornet, .257 roberts. 357 maximum, 41 magnum, 358 winchester, 375 winchester.

Zeddediah

I was just looking at the owners manual and it appears CVA has fixed the problem of the front stock by changing the way it attaches.

GregoryB.

Took my CVA Scout V2 45-70 out yesterday evening for a short hunt. Buck came down the hill right as light was fading fast in some thick stuff. Gave me about a 75 yard shot. He took off at the shot and topped the hill about 30 yards away. Grabbed my flashlight and headed to the tree I marked him passing. Turned my light on when I got to the tree and the ground was painted red. He was laying 10 yards away. Big holes punced in both ribs ( took out both lungs ). That 300gr Hornady bullet makes makes big hole going in and coming out. That muzzle brake had my left ear ringing for about 2 minutes.

rosewood

Muzzle brakes are no good for hunting.

rosewood

Saw someone said, a 9mm might expand, a 45 won't shrink..?

45 caliber holes won't seal up, they just drain until empty.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Muzzle brakes are no good for hunting.

Never owned a muzzle brake until I got my Scout 444 here recently. With that being said I’ve used hearing protection while hunting for over 10 years now so I’m not worried about the noise.

rosewood

omCoDzhl.jpg

Probably hunt Monday morning and then sight this rifle in for an evening hunt.
I have 240 XTP bullets with W296 powder to try.
Sorry for the picture, it is raining outside!

Just cut mine to 18.25", looks stumpy. Gotta go shoot now.
117202222514.jpg
117202220315.jpg1172022203132.jpg1172022203141.jpg1172022203151.jpg

I didn't do as good of a job with the finish as I should have. But it won't hurt the shootability of it.

Rosewood

Last edited:

weagle

rosewood

Looks good. I keep hoping they will offer the Scout TD rifle in 6.5 Grendel. I would cut it down to 16.25"
It is offered in 6.5 NMB. You could just download it if is too fast for you. :)

I just picked up a new PSA complete lower and haven't decided on what upper to put on it, but the Grendel is at the top of my list.

Rosewood

weagle

It is offered in 6.5 NMB. You could just download it if is too fast for you. :)

I just picked up a new PSA complete lower and haven't decided on what upper to put on it, but the Grendel is at the top of my list.

Rosewood

True, but I already load 6.5 Grendel.

frankwright

I am thinking of looking at a CVA Scout but it is the older version with the barrel release in front of the trigger guard.
Is there any problems with that design or anything I should know?
Thanks!

rosewood

I am thinking of looking at a CVA Scout but it is the older version with the barrel release in front of the trigger guard.
Is there any problems with that design or anything I should know?
Thanks!
Only issue I have with it is the release may get bumped when you are carrying the gun on your back allowing your round to fall out. Other than that, I love them.

Rosewood

frankwright

Only issue I have with it is the release may get bumped when you are carrying the gun on your back allowing your round to fall out. Other than that, I love them.

Rosewood
Thanks, deal fell through, guy wanted near new cost for a used gun with no scope mount.
I have notify me on a half dozen websites if one comes up. Probably go with 45-70 as I have ammo and reload for it.

rosewood

Thanks, deal fell through, guy wanted near new cost for a used gun with no scope mount.
I have notify me on a half dozen websites if one comes up. Probably go with 45-70 as I have ammo and reload for it.

For what it is worth, all of the CVA rifles that I have dealt with use the same scope mounts.

Wolf, Hunter, Scout, Scout II, Stalker etc.

Rosewood

frankwright

Yes, but I really like the DNZ mounts and they run about $60 bucks so I was adding that to the cost.

rosewood

Yes, but I really like the DNZ mounts and they run about $60 bucks so I was adding that to the cost.
Yeah, depending on the model, the CVAs came with the one piece Durasight Z2 Alloy scope mount. Some came with just the base. The one piece was great if you was planning to use a 1" scope, but didn't work for red dots or other size scopes obviously. The Durasights themselves ain't cheap either.

Rosewood

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member

Rosewood

I have carried mine a ton and I have never had it bump open.