Better than perfect?

Bobby Bigtime

I have thought that my Ruger American ranch in 450 bushmaster topped with the SIG Sauer Romeo 7 to be the perfect short range hunting combo. She shot about an inch to slightly over and I was thrilled with that kind of accuracy with a dot sight. I took a nice 4x5 whitetail buck last season and a coyote a couple weeks ago. My daughters wanted to get me something nice for my birthday so I told them I wanted a lpvo scope and began to read lots of reviews and checked out what was available locally. I remembered folks like railroader on here praising the hawke brand scopes so they got me a vantage 1-4x24. I just got back from the range and couldn't be happier with the setup. Despite 25 degrees and a tad breezy, once I got it dialed in, I was able to shoot one hole groups (1/2 inch?). I couldn't be happier. The scope is super clear and the adjustments are spot on. I think my setup is better than perfect!

bullgator

Love it when a plan comes together.

Bobby Bigtime

If only in this day and age we had easy access to cameras...
My eleven year old phone will not let me take pictures anymore or do a lot of other things. I hope to get one fairly soon and I will get my wife to help me post. I wanted to send some pictures to my daughters, sol, and nephew yesterday. I jumped around like a cheerleader instead and sent some texts..... sorry

Bobby Bigtime

I received some dies and can't wait to load for this rifle. I can't imagine being able to produce anything equal or better than the Hornady ftx loads. I have taken four nice bucks and cow elk with my 450 AR with those loads but feel there are probably some better game bullets out there for the 450.