Did You Buy A Gun Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have almost bought one...my new 43X is here I just need to get time to go fill out the paperwork. I sure do miss the 43 I am replacing it with.

Reactions: Dub

Nimrod71

I got my Glock 20 today. Can hardly wait to get to range tomorrow. Now rounding up ammo to feed it. Buying a new gum just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Killed a big deer this morning with my new 308 Howa 1500.

transfixer

It's surreal.....it's like we are surrounded by the walking dead....zombie hordes who respond to the simple noises and gestures made by the left. They are easily swayed & predictably patterned. The left snaps their fingers....the media helps broadcast the finger snapping and the mindless zombies follow.

I'm not a smart man by many accounts. Many flawed and conflicted thoughts in my own noggin and a heap of mistakes in my past. I say that to say this.....if my thickheaded self can cipher through the bullcrap leftist theatrics and anticipate the destructive course they've plotted for our country....then surely people smarter than me can see it, right ?

Wake up America. Vote for our future and our standing in the world. A big ole dose of Nationalism is overdue and if we don't rally on Tuesday we will lose things we may never get back.

People must look past Trumps rude tweets and arrogance. We aren't gonna be hanging out with him on the golf course, fishing boat or duck blinds. We get to do those things while he is busy at the helm, steering America towards success....as he has been the past 4 years....and doing so with half the boat crew plotting against him.

Unfortunately we have a large percentage of ignorant people in our country who will believe anything they hear on mainstream news, or see on social media, the numbers of people who use FB and other platforms are proof of the lack of intelligence we have in our country ! Seeing the results of the election this morning I'll admit I'm a bit apprehensive about the outcome , if Biden manages to pull this off our country is TOAST ! it will be the beginning of the end of our Democratic Republic ,,, thats right folks ,,, we don't have a Democracy , a Democracy is mob rule, but probably 90% of the people in America don't know that ! News types throw the Democracy word around all the time , thank God we don't have a true Democracy ! if we did we'd have had Hillary for the last 4 yrs ,

transfixer

Back to the original title of this post, I didn't buy a gun today, didn't buy an AR upper either,,,, I bought two of them,,, prices were low as before the panic, almost as low as a year or more ago, and I figure they are about to go up quite a bit, given the way the election is pointing , now I got to see what my small part inventory looks like ,,,

Nimrod71

It appears Biden may win the election. If he follows through with what he said on the election trail ARs and AK's will be no more. High capacity magazines were also on his list. Remember he said "I'm coming for your AR's and AK's". Time to buy what ever you think you may need over the next 5 years. Good Luck

transfixer

It appears Biden may win the election. If he follows through with what he said on the election trail ARs and AK's will be no more. High capacity magazines were also on his list. Remember he said "I'm coming for your AR's and AK's". Time to buy what ever you think you may need over the next 5 years. Good Luck

Tell him to come on ,,,, better yet,, send that dweeb Beto that said he was gonna come get em ,,,, :sneaky:

LifeLongHunter

If Biden wins I guess you and your fellow firefighter will find out how electric firetrucks work. Also, he will get to see his "reduced" taxes go up as well as a lot of jobs will be leaving for tax friendlier countries. Folks I did not want to say this and been holding my tongue for awhile but I think(a lot of people are already here on this) we are in for a major upheaval that is likely to result in some sort of civil strife maybe next year maybe 4 years from now but when the reality hits those who voted for Trump plus those disillusioned by the false Democratic narrative are going to revolt. Not everybody can be rich and not everyone can be poor, but a Biden/Harris admin will drive toward a two eco/social society where you are either poor or you are rich, no middle.

rawolfee

Been searching for a lever action in 44 mag for a while, LGS can't seem to get any in stock. One of them did get a CVA scout in 44 mag today and I couldn't help myself. Will be a great woods rifle.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I finally went to pick mine up

IMG_0779.jpg
Got my sights swapped out and my old link put in this one.

IMG_0778.jpg

Checked in the dark and we still glow. My buddy used red Loctite when he put them on my 43 and we had to heat it to get them apart.

Theses fell outta a box while I was there.

IMG_0774.jpg
they should run in my P80/19 just fine.

Have a little trouble with the grip of this one...got bit twice..second drew blood

IMG_0773.jpg

A few of them were getting away from me..ran about 110 through it.

IMG_0772.jpg

you can see I just couldn't get the red to go away. We had one round not go completely into battery...dropped the mag...remove the round...put it in the mag...then dropped the slide on it..GTG. Then there were 2 times the trigger didn't cock...hmmm..not sure what that was about.

Definitely going to need to run some more through it. I have it pretty deep in the pocket and my finger is at too much of an angle..the tip rubs the bottom of the trigger guard...just a little different than the 43

ChidJ

@Jester896 of all my Glocks, I’ve come to like the 43X the best. Feels great in the hand and goes inside the waistband nicely. Problem is, mine is Tiffany blue (Wife’s choice) so I can’t really carry it and my man card at the same time haha

Nimrod71

Well I didn't buy a gun today but I bought something just about as important, I got a new RCBS powder scale. I have been using the same Lyman beam scale I started with back in 1970. Yes, I did buy electronic scales, I have 3 of them but there is something special about a beam I just like. I guess it's because I am old and I like old things. I dropped the old Lyman and broke the beam bar lose from the pivot and after I got it back together it would stick. Not Good. So time for a new scale. I like buying new shooting stuff. I do have my eye on a Savage 99 in 300 Savage, just waiting on the auction.

pacecars

I was going to go back to Walmart and buy a Remington 700 BDL .30-06 for $499 but instead I just bought a Steyr-Mannlicher Model M Professional 9.3x62mm with a Steyr branded scope on it. Another bucket list gun that I had pretty much given up on finding one that someone would part with. I have been after this one for a while. I guess I don’t have to rebore the Brno now

Dub

Picked up a new rifle today. Cost neutral addition funded by thinning the herd a bit. No remorse over what was moved. Maintained my "small gunsafe rule".

I've been wanting a handy AR-10 for a while. This one is trim and slim...so long as I don't bolt a bunch of crap on it.....or put the Hubble scope on top.

Enough logo's on it......Bill Wilson out to supply free ammo for the advertisement from every angle. :)

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Dub I got a bucket of .308 brass if you need to load some...you can look through these Hubble Telescopes I have... while your here to see which one you want to bolt onto yours

Status
Not open for further replies.