Did you shoot anything today #2

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
That's respectable shooting in my opinion.

Where is this MOA thread ?
It's over there under "Backfire 1 MOA Challenge" in the deer hunting forum, featuring a video which expresses surprise and disbelief that many people cannot shoot.

RamblinWreck88

I got out to the range Saturday... Finally got to shoot my buddy's Sig Spear LT. It seems to be a fine rifle. I thought it fitting to get a picture of it with the M1... Two piston-operated rifles 80 years apart (Jan. '43 and Jan. '23)
20240504_125704.jpg

I also tried out a potential replacement powder for IMR4064 (in the 35 Whelen), and was inspired by the results for this starting load. So far, it has potential. I fired a few more, easing my way close to the max load. Next session will see a few trials closer to max.
20240504_115548.jpg

Finally, me and my buddy put about 400 rounds through the Ruger MKIV, and 165 rounds through the Model 69 .44 mag. I am finding out that the .44 will flat-out SHOOT.

Last edited:

RamblinWreck88

Good to see a spear in the wild and at the range. Did you like it?
I liked it, but I am admittedly unrefined when it comes to this type of rifle. Everything felt solid like it should. Seemed to shoot fine. I liked the trigger pretty good.

Reactions: Dub

Baroque Brass

I was dialing in some hand loads, one rifle was shooting slightly high right. I carefully studied which way to turn the scope turrets to move the POI to center so that I didn’t turn them the wrong way - again- and turned each two clicks. I fired another round and the POI indeed moved, closer to center and…..up:confused:.

Bobby Bigtime

Weather was awful but I patterned a couple of 410s with various loads, shot sizes etc. my 95 year old Montgomery ward (iver Johnson) is full choke and 2 1/2 chamber she is a gem. My Hatfield is a loose modified choke? And of course a 3" chamber. Shot #4, 5, 6, 7.5, 8, 9 and buckshot ,funky defense loads, slugs etc...it was an enjoyable way to unwind after work.

SC Hunter

Yesterday afternoon I walked outside to feed the dogs and saw an armadillo waddling across the yard. I stepped inside and grabbed my Marlin 17hmr, Mr/Mrs. Dillo had managed to get to around 100 yards. I shot over the top the first shot, the second shot hit dead center. Little bit of flopping and that was it. There has been one reeking havoc on the flower bed and my dogs don't care obviously. My yellow dog Charlie that died last year wouldn't have that at all.

Jester896

Senior Clown
yep...another .22 match under my belt. I was 2 shots out of coming in 3rd. I did take the time after the match to sight my rifle in with the ammo I am using. I won't have to use holds next trip :banana:

maybe that will make the difference next time. I think I will try another trigger too. I just don't think it is breaking consistently:huh:

Bobby Bigtime

I took four vintage shotguns to some friends ranch dump. A ithaca 37 featherweight twenty gauge, Winchester 37 sixteen gauge, Stevens 94B twelve gauge, and a Stevens 124 twelve gauge. I decided to shoot vintage ammo. It was mostly paper hull with some of the first plastic hulls in various shot sizes. There was oodles of fun stuff to blast. An old aluminum bucket took a bunch of the wrath. Dear Liza would have run out of suggestions. The smell of those shells was something else. My pickup reeks now. It appears that I shot about 75 rounds, which I will be feeling later but it was just too much fun. None of the twenty gauge shells were yellow and none of the sixteen gauge shells were purple.

Buckstop

Made it to the range yesterday. Trying out 135 Berger Classic Hunters and N560 in my 6.5-06 M70 Win. Trued action, pillar bedded, #3 Bartlien barrel, Timney trigger, Vais brake.

Attachments

• IMG_5955.jpeg
    IMG_5955.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5959.jpeg
    IMG_5959.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5960.jpeg
    IMG_5960.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 14

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I took four vintage shotguns to some friends ranch dump. A ithaca 37 featherweight twenty gauge, Winchester 37 sixteen gauge, Stevens 94B twelve gauge, and a Stevens 124 twelve gauge. I decided to shoot vintage ammo. It was mostly paper hull with some of the first plastic hulls in various shot sizes. There was oodles of fun stuff to blast. An old aluminum bucket took a bunch of the wrath. Dear Liza would have run out of suggestions. The smell of those shells was something else. My pickup reeks now. It appears that I shot about 75 rounds, which I will be feeling later but it was just too much fun. None of the twenty gauge shells were yellow and none of the sixteen gauge shells were purple.
Blastin' junk with a shotgun is hilarious fun! This just flung a craving on me, and the grand boys are gonna LOVE IT...:LOL:

deerslayer357

Made it to the range yesterday. Trying out 135 Berger Classic Hunters and N560 in my 6.5-06 M70 Win. Trued action, pillar bedded, #3 Bartlien barrel, Timney trigger, Vais brake.
Looks like it likes the Berger’s.