Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven037

Put 50 rounds through my new to me operator lw .45 to make sure it ran without issue. It ran perfect and was extremely accurate. Great shooting gun. Also ran 50 rounds through the 10mm just cause I like shooting it so much. Range time goes by too fast. Wasn’t even gone from the house 45 minutes but it is nice when the range is 5 minutes away.

Dub

Put 50 rounds through my new to me operator lw .45 to make sure it ran without issue. It ran perfect and was extremely accurate. Great shooting gun. Also ran 50 rounds through the 10mm just cause I like shooting it so much. Range time goes by too fast. Wasn’t even gone from the house 45 minutes but it is nice when the range is 5 minutes away.

I hear ya loud 'n clear. Goes by way too fast. Similar round count on my last trip a week ago.

Went by too fast.

Nice pistolas you have there. I'll bet that 6" 10mm handles very smoothly.

Steven037

I hear ya loud 'n clear. Goes by way too fast. Similar round count on my last trip a week ago.

Went by too fast.

Nice pistolas you have there. I'll bet that 6" 10mm handles very smoothly.
Very smooth. And very tight pistol. Still breaking it in but man it can shoot.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
We drove nearly 100 miles each wayF42C010A-B676-4399-9CEA-FAA47F37AD51.jpeg6ED5758F-818E-472D-A16C-EA824C8A09A3.jpeg
But we shot 200plus rounds today.
Very pleased the both of us.:unsure:
That boy already shoots 25-06 better than I can. Were both new to that caliber so it wasn’t fair cause his eyes are much younger. Congratulations boy you won out today.

Nimrod71

Well, let me tell you I had a good morning at the rifle range. As my past range outings have not been the best, a number of problems. I finally went back to my old loadings just to check if it was me or the rifle combo. Well let me tell you it worked out to be the loads I was using. It just goes to show you that rifles are like dogs, some you like some you don't, but they will all bite. The 6 mm went back to putting five Sierra 85 gr. HPBT in a dime hole, and the 22-250 put three Sierra 55 gr. in the same hole. I feel better so I am off to a good start of a new day.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Ruger 96/44 at 100yds. 44mag
240gr Speer Gold dot
1st shot hit low.
I adjusted the next two went side by side. I adjusted two more clicks left and let it be until I shoot it again before hunting season.
20210327_105817.jpg

Buckstop

Shot my 6.5x284 this afternoon after the HS stock was swapped out for an AG Alpine Hunter. First group was just under .4” at 100 yrds with 140 gr Berger HVLD’s. New stock knocked a pound off the weight.

Attachments

• 5EFB2DF9-0E3A-424B-8F33-B73897FEC322.jpeg
    5EFB2DF9-0E3A-424B-8F33-B73897FEC322.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 5

GregoryB.

I shot my New England firearms 20 gauge single shot. Recently had it fitted for screw in choke tubes. Was testing some turkey loads at 35 yards. Patterns were to spread out for my taste. Put it back in the safe and pulled out the 12 gauge 870 Super Mag. That's when I noticed the turkey choke that I thought was in the 20 gauge. There was a Modified choke in it instead. Oh well, just get to shoot again tomorrow now. Season opens on SC WMA's on the first.

Reactions: Dub

Old Bum

I shot some .45 ACP that I loaded Sunday. I gotta get better at 50' than I am now. I can still hit a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper at that distance but they are all over the place.
I know it ain't the gun or ammo so that leaves only one thing.

Dub

I shot some .45 ACP that I loaded Sunday. I gotta get better at 50' than I am now. I can still hit a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper at that distance but they are all over the place.
I know it ain't the gun or ammo so that leaves only one thing.

My loose nut behind the trigger gets squirrely beyond 15 yards :rofl:

I‘m mighty eager to get some 45ACP loaded, too. It’s my favorite pistol cartridge.......44mag is my favorite revolver cartridge.

chuckdog

I function tested an ATA Turkish manufactured 12ga selfloading shotgun Saturday afternoon. I don’t know the exact model, but it’s black with 18.5 barrel an extended ported turkey choke, peep sight and pistol grip stock. It’s good to be able to still use/see peep sights.

Didn’t think much about it till this morning. Yea my shoulder is calling me all types of unkind names.

I put 5 rounds of Remington 3” mag buckshot into a tree stump as fast as I could get back on target and pull the trigger. It didn’t seem so bad at the time. The gun functioned perfectly. There’s a very deep pie plate size hole in that big stump too.

Dub

I function tested an ATA Turkish manufactured 12ga selfloading shotgun Saturday afternoon. I don’t know the exact model, but it’s black with 18.5 barrel an extended ported turkey choke, peep sight and pistol grip stock. It’s good to be able to still use/see peep sights.

Didn’t think much about it till this morning. Yea my shoulder is calling me all types of unkind names.

I put 5 rounds of Remington 3” mag buckshot into a tree stump as fast as I could get back on target and pull the trigger. It didn’t seem so bad at the time. The gun functioned perfectly. There’s a very deep pie plate size hole in that big stump too.

:biggrin3: I always enjoy that feeling a couple days later.

I'm sorta lean on scatterguns and mainly rely on one "do everything" 12ga.

It does get testy sometimes when slapping the rib mounted sights on it prior to turkey seasons. Those patterning sessions always haunt me some the week afterwards.

I believe one of these days I'm going to get a scattergun and set it up just for turkey. 21" or shorter barrel, pistolgrip stock, red dot cowitinessing irons....and a non-squishy recoil pad that holds up, doesn't get gummy, yet does it's job (probably leather).

One thing is for certain....sitting on the ground leaning back against a tree and popping off a shot or two is interesting a couple days after. Don't notice it on the kill.....but dangitman it seeks up later.

chuckdog

I was shooting #4 buckshot. Probably $25 worth now. I believe some duplex 3” turkey loads have been the hardest kicking of any for me.

I’m not a scattergun guy either. I still enjoy just tinkering with most anything that shoots.

bullgator

Took a young man who just got out of the Air Force to the range. He shot my Garand and M1A and couldn’t be happier. I shot a few out of my Dasher while he was experiencing the old battle rifles.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Dang, nobody's shot nothing in five days. This IS getting serious..:unsure:

Picked up my Coyote Ugly G19X today...

IMG_20210412_193828816.jpg

Ran a couple mags of hardball thru it and played bounce the MTN Dew bottle in the back yard. It works fine, as Glocks do...

I like the "Glock Commander" arrangement of the 19X pretty well. Feels good in hand, and with no back strap installed, I think it is a little slimmer than the G17 I carried on duty so long ago. This could also be because I have been handling large frame G21 and G40MOS for a good while now. Glock has also improved their night sights a bit. In a side by side dark room test, these are better than my Sig P365.

This thing, full of Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P's is gonna be my every day gun for a while, and see if it sticks.

In this day and time, 20 rounds before a reload just might be a good idea..:LOL::rolleyes:

At any rate, I own a Glock 9mm again.

Status
Not open for further replies.