Did you shoot anything today ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosewood

Took out the new Tikka T1x 17hmr while checking deer rifles. Let my 10yo shoot the first 10 shot group with it @100. Not to shabby. All I have found is the Hornady 17gr since I picked up the rifle. With a little concentration I'm sure we could get under an inch.

7vB9kKl.jpg
Take a dozen eggs out there. I bet he will have a blast shooting them at 100. Maybe stretch out to 200 to make it challenging. ;)

Rosewood

Last edited:

rosewood

@killerv

Bass Pro had stacks of .17HMR Sunday. More than I have ever seen in one place in my life. They had CCI and Winchester I believe. My Savage shoots the CCI 17grain HP the best. I think they were about $17 per 50 rounds however...

Rosewood

GregoryB.

I shot my Ruger #1V in 25-06 today. I had previously zeroed it using 115gr NBT over IMR 4350 shortly after getting it around the first of the year. Decided I wanted a little tougher bullet since most of my shots are under100 yards and thought the Balistic tip may be a little explosive. I had some 115gr Partitions on the shelf so I decided to try them so I loaded a ladder with the same IMR4350. The second shot string with 47.5 grs put 3 touching about 2 inches high. 48grs started to spread so I stopped. Now time to load for effect.

GregoryB.

I have some 117gr interlocks if you need to
Appreciate the offer. I have a bunch of different bullets already in line waiting to be tried. Will definitely try them one day. I have 4 various 25 calibers and they all like something different.

Stevie Ray

Made a trip to the range today to make sure my hunting rifles that I'm going to use this year were all sighted in but mostly I wanted to see how my 30-30 with some recently cast 170 gr bullets was shooting...

#1 was my Winchester M70 Featherweight and Zeiss Conquest 3-9 scope in .270 with my handloads, 130gr Sierra Pro Hunters.
#2 was my Marlin Guide gun and Leopold FXII Scout Scope with Federal 300gr Power-Shoks.
#3 was my 1974 Winchester Model '94 30-30 and Williams peep sight with my 170gr cast bullets.

All shot at 100 yards...

IMG_2486.JPG

The .270 shot about as I expected, pulled the one shot but pretty typical of what I expected.

The 45-70 did about as I had expected with the factory loads.

But...

The 30-30 is the one I'm stoked about, I've been playing and chasing with the cast bullets for that thing and finally found a keeper load of 26.5 grs of H335 with all of the bullets weighed, sorted and within .3gr of one another. The bullet is a Lee C309-170 using all clip on wheel weights and sized to .309" with an average velocity of 1920 fps ... should be a great deer gun out to about 150 yards but most of my shots are under 100 yards.

IMG_2504.JPG

I'm ready!

rosewood

I see you went more for the shooting hand this time and split the difference with the dominant eye of the perp...

frankwright

Last Night I did!
I decided to go Old School and shoot my 1911 at our Thursday night IDPA Match.

I did it for two reasons, one it is fun to shoot and 2nd I am low on 9mm primers and need to save my 9mm ammo for bigger matches, and I have a ton of .45 auto reloaded.
I shot 230gr SWC bullets, big holes, they said they could score my targets from the end of the range!
tYsxT5hl.jpg

Dub

Last Night I did!
I decided to go Old School and shoot my 1911 at our Thursday night IDPA Match.

I did it for two reasons, one it is fun to shoot and 2nd I am low on 9mm primers and need to save my 9mm ammo for bigger matches, and I have a ton of .45 auto reloaded.
I shot 230gr SWC bullets, big holes, they said they could score my targets from the end of the range!
tYsxT5hl.jpg

Heck Yeah !!!!!!!

Very nice setup on that .45. (y)

Love the flat trigger.

Would really enjoy seeing some additional pics of those sights.....I'm guessing they very bright fiber optics. Well protected, too.

Love some clean LSWC .45 bullet holes.

frankwright

Heck Yeah !!!!!!!

Very nice setup on that .45. (y)

Love the flat trigger.

Would really enjoy seeing some additional pics of those sights.....I'm guessing they very bright fiber optics. Well protected, too.

Love some clean LSWC .45 bullet holes.

https://www.hivizsights.com/product/kblw11/I need them for my old eyes and they work well. I have always been a fan of a black rear and a bright or Fiber Optic front but as I got older, I need the FO front and rear.

deerslayer357

Shot the Marlin XL7 30/06, it is ready for deer season.
Then shot the 41 magnum Blackhawk with iron sights. Getting a 4-5” group at 50 yards with a forearm prop. Think that’s going to be my range for this one this year

rosewood

Shot this guy with my s21 samsung....
992021112052.jpg

marlin

Finally got a chance to break in the barrel on my tikka 7mm mag today and also shot my ruger #1 in 7mag. The ruger was rebarreled last year by ruger.

Reactions: Dub
Status
Not open for further replies.