Do you lock your doors?

crackerdave

Core Lokt,
That is it and they have worked great for me over the past 12-15 years or so. I have also given several units to my relatives and friends and they all have advised that they work fantastic for them and their families as well.
I will be buying this,on your say-so.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Yes, and yes.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I lock everything, even if going in for 5 minutes.

Great example, was living off post at Ft Bragg, had to get some paperwork for my family care plan, buddy went with me. We got out, I locked the truck doors, he was like you will only be in 5 minutes...told him it only takes 5 minutes to rummage through a vehicle unlocked. He was also my neighbor.

Next day, Saturday, walked out front with a cup coffee in hand and probably 5 Fayetteville PD cars all around. One officer asked was anything missing from my vehicle, walked out, unlocked my truck, all was g2g. Seems I was the only one on my street to lock their vehicle. GPS, laptops, tools, money, etc., the thieves would just check the door handle, was in and out.

Locks only keep honest people honest, but they do slow crooks down. Just search the internet and watch guys getting in vehicles while the driver is pumping gas.

Not the 80s any more

Last edited:

Gaswamp

don't lock my trucks...leave the keys in um too most of the time

WOODIE13

Always hated Monday day shift and all the larceny reports from that weekend because no one wanted to ruin their weekend with the hassle. Looking for the government to pay for the stolen items only to find out they weren't getting money for unsecured/unattended items.

snooker1

When I was younger no, today yes. After spending 28 years in Law Enforcement I can say that evil is everywhere and most property crimes are crimes of opportunity, unlocked house, keys in vehicle, valuables visible in vehicle, etc. Not to mention the police report reads better when the suspect broke in through a locked door before he was shot multiple times by the homeowner who was in fear for his life.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I will be buying this,on your say-so.

Dave, I will make a serious deal "with you". If you don't like it, I will personally give you back the full amount of what it cost you for this device AND the cost of the necessary batteries ( three size "C" and also one 9 Volt). Now this is a serious deal for sure as I always stand by my word.

Buy it and set it up and let me know just how it performs as I don't ever want to be without these fantastic gismos again. It has two levels of the sound emitted also and I turn mine down to the lower sound setting at night on for the main house unit. These things make you so much more aware of your surroundings every day as you discover lots of happening around your house, barn and other property that it makes you appreciate the extra sense of security as well.

Thankfully, I recently eliminated two possums as I set up a trap on my patio twice with a little food in it and when the alarm sounded, it had gone into the trap and early the next morning it was ultimately relocated to another part of my woods up in the country, 35 miles away. It was even easier the 2nd time around as another possum got relocated and he was not mad like the first one.

Last edited:

HermanMerman

At home, yes. At hunting camp, no.

oldfella1962

at your house or your vehicles?

I live in the woods. There is a public boat ramp at the end of my road. at the dead end I feel that I don't need to lock my home doors but my wife says different so we do when not at home. She locks them when I'm not home. In the 33 years I have live here nobody on this road has had an issue. Doesn't mean it can't happen I guess. I do not lock my truck, she locks her car at night. The few folk that live on my road know everyone and we communicate if something looks strange/different. Maybe I'm gullible but just don't see the need. Of course if I ever get broke into I guess it will change.
Is your time & effort to lock the doors worth more than whatever is behind your doors? If not, then locking the doors just makes sense.

oldfella1962

I dont CL, but i no longer leave anything of value in them either other than my truck with a box full of cheap tools and stuff...im 200 yds off the road and cant see any other houses and have never had a problem in 35+ years...
35+ years? Then you are long overdue. Just my 2 cents.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I don`t like outside security lights and keep our place in the dark at night. If a thief or anybody goes plundering around he`s gonna have to bring his own light. I`m not gonna give him the light to see. And he`s taking a chance walking around my place after dark on a warm night, I won`t even walk outside around my place with no flashlight. And I`m not scared of the dark.
We are the same, no yard lights, motion lights or lights left on at night.

WOODIE13

I have front and back lights on, plus a morton flood light at the front, helps me see what the dogs are going nuts over.

Different school of thought I reckon

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I see that some of you mentioned the sensor lights coming on and lighting up your property etc.

Please be aware that the item that I have used for many years now DOES NOT LIGHT UP YOUR PROPERTY AREA AS SUCH AT ALL as it ONLY sends you a tone signal that can be set for a very low volume or a little bit louder volume. You can set it for either way to suit your needs.

When something moves in front of the sensor area, a very small approximately 1/8 diameter red light sensor comes that is located on the front of the detector as it makes it easier to know what area is in the detection zone when you set it up as such.

After setting things in place, I test it and then I PUT A SMALL PIECE OF WHITE TAPE OVER THAT SENSOR LIGHT AND NOBODY SEES IT. You will know when something triggers it BUT nobody or anything can see the red light sensor when it activates.

WOODIE13

My buddy uses a cell cam at his house 1/2 mile down the drive way, knows when anyone is coming and who.

Another uses this for his garage plus a camera system. https://www.burglarbomb.com/

sinclair1

People like to advertise with bumper stickers. They follow the guy with 10 gun stickers home and start casing.

My mall crawler looks like it would have a stick of tofu in the console. No 2A sticker or don’t tread on me

B. White

At home, yes. At hunting camp, no.
There were two of us in a tin hunting shack on a river in the 80s. About 2am I hear the door open and somebody walk in. When he heard the hammer click he said I think I'm in the wrong place and shut the door behind him.

Nowadays I'm more concerned about the insane than I am the typical thief looking for something quick and easy.

oldfella1962

There were two of us in a tin hunting shack on a river in the 80s. About 2am I hear the door open and somebody walk in. When he heard the hammer click he said I think I'm in the wrong place and shut the door behind him.

Nowadays I'm more concerned about the insane than I am the typical thief looking for something quick and easy.
Good point! Property can be replaced - your life (from a crazy killing type of person) cannot.

There's an old Arab quote I read/heard that stays with me:
"Trust in Allah - but tie up your camels anyway." :unsure: