Ford dealership wont work on anything over 10 years old.

Dirtroad Johnson

It ain't just Chevy. The local Yota dealership told my wife the tires on her '19 4 Runner with 12K miles on it had "dry rot" and needed to be replaced. I wish I had been there to hear what she said to the Service Manager. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
i just heard that one for the 1st time when I traded in my truck with 34-35 thousand miles on it this past Nov. They tried to low ball me & I already knew what the value of my truck was. The salesman's boss said my tires had to be replaced because of dry rot. My tires had been rotated ever 6-7 thousand miles & were in excellent condition.

Hunter922

Past the expiration date?

Dub

i just heard that one for the 1st time when I traded in my truck with 34-35 thousand miles on it this past Nov. They tried to low ball me & I already knew what the value of my truck was. The salesman's boss said my tires had to be replaced because of dry rot. My tires had been rotated ever 6-7 thousand miles & were in excellent condition.

How old were the tires ?

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Anyone on this thread work or ever worked at a dealership?
Most dealerships have to stand behind their work. I’ve worked at the same dealer for 26 years and I have this same policy, heck I can’t get parts for a 3-4 year old truck in most cases much less a 10 year or older. So When I say we have to stand behind our work, I can’t tell you “sorry the part I got from autozone wasn’t any good, you’ll have to pay me again to get a different one” isn’t the ethical thing to do I choose not to work on these vehicles. I cannot control what the manufacturer gives me or warranties so it isn’t the dealers fault.
I have no issues with certified techs in my shops. I have 160 employees in my service department, so personnel isn’t my problem, it is getting the proper parts from the manufacture in a timely manner. So instead of bashing the dealerships, you may want to talk to someone that knows more than you do.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Most dealerships have to stand behind their work. I’ve worked at the same dealer for 26 years and I have this same policy, heck I can’t get parts for a 3-4 year old truck in most cases much less a 10 year or older. So When I say we have to stand behind our work, I can’t tell you “sorry the part I got from autozone wasn’t any good, you’ll have to pay me again to get a different one” isn’t the ethical thing to do I choose not to work on these vehicles. I cannot control what the manufacturer gives me or warranties so it isn’t the dealers fault in.
I have no issues with certified techs in my shops. I have 160 employees in my service department, so personnel isn’t my problem, it is getting the proper parts from the manufacture in a timely manner. So instead of bashing the dealerships, you may want to talk to someone that knows more than you do,

Get tore up? Fords are a junk product that are drivin by yuppies that think ‘Ford’ means something.. They’re all POSs these days..

Raylander

And just FYI I drive a dodge and have 2 of them as a matter of fact
Smart choice. They’re cheaper. Just as big a peice of junk. I been drivin Rams for the past 15 yrs. Trade em in every 5-6 years bc no one will work on them..

Vehicles are disposable these days

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Smart choice. They’re cheaper. Just as big a peice of junk. I been drivin Rams for the past 15 yrs. Trade em in every 5-6 years bc no one will work on them..

Vehicles are disposable these days
I’ve had one for 21 years and the other for 4, very minor issues with either. It’s all in how well you take care of them and how you maintain them. Again nothing you do with the OP’s original post, or my original comment. Don’t bash unless you know what your talking about and have facts to prove it.
Nothing worse than a RANT about something that you know nothing about.

Raylander

I’ve had one for 21 years and the other for 4, very minor issues with either. It’s all in how well you take care of them and how you maintain them. Again nothing you do with the OP’s original post, or my original comment. Don’t bash unless you know what your talking about and have facts to prove it.
Nothing worse than a RANT about something that you know nothing about.

Ohh please. Nothing worse than someone getting tore up on the internet.

I’ve put hundreds of thousands of miles on trucks. I’m just as qualified as any other redneck to talk about such

Raylander

Nothing quite like that Ford whine though. I’m sure everyone hears it at stoplights around town

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Not tore up at all. Your opinion means nothing. And unless your in the business and know what truly matters, it doesn’t mean anything. What business are you in? And if someone came on here posting stuff about things you know everything about would you comment? Or would you let it ride. My guess is you’d try and set the record straight.

sinclair1

Most dealerships have to stand behind their work. I’ve worked at the same dealer for 26 years and I have this same policy, heck I can’t get parts for a 3-4 year old truck in most cases much less a 10 year or older. So When I say we have to stand behind our work, I can’t tell you “sorry the part I got from autozone wasn’t any good, you’ll have to pay me again to get a different one” isn’t the ethical thing to do I choose not to work on these vehicles. I cannot control what the manufacturer gives me or warranties so it isn’t the dealers fault.
I have no issues with certified techs in my shops. I have 160 employees in my service department, so personnel isn’t my problem, it is getting the proper parts from the manufacture in a timely manner. So instead of bashing the dealerships, you may want to talk to someone that knows more than you do.
Never worked at one. Have good and bad experiences. My Toyota dealer left oil pan bolt cover dangling and it fell off on 575. Chevy dealer left the oil filter so loose on my wife’s corvette it lost a quart on the way home. Benz dealer left the shroud loose.
The last few makes have had good experiences. Porsche was good and now she has a BMW that videos the whole service and you can watch on your phone.
I am waiting on a new Toyota truck now. I don’t even want to use the free services.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Never worked at one. Have good and bad experiences. My Toyota dealer left oil pan bolt cover dangling and it fell off on 575. Chevy dealer left the oil filter so loose on my wife’s corvette it lost a quart on the way home. Benz dealer left the shroud loose.
The last few makes have had good experiences. Porsche was good and now she has a BMW that videos the whole service and you can watch on your phone.
I am waiting on a new Toyota truck now. I don’t even want to use the free services.
I just added the video MPI to my service department a few weeks ago. Do you like it?

Raylander

Not tore up at all. Your opinion means nothing. And unless your in the business and know what truly matters, it doesn’t mean anything. What business are you in? And if someone came on here posting stuff about things you know everything about would you comment? Or would you let it ride. My guess is you’d try and set the record straight.
My opinion is equal to yours. We are both strangers on the internet…

I build custom cabinets. I don’t advertise. I don’t take work from strangers. In fact, I turn strangers down. I’m too busy to deal with people I don’t know.. I’m the best at what I do. I don’t need from anyone, let them believe..