Ford dealership wont work on anything over 10 years old.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Never worked at one. Have good and bad experiences. My Toyota dealer left oil pan bolt cover dangling and it fell off on 575. Chevy dealer left the oil filter so loose on my wife’s corvette it lost a quart on the way home. Benz dealer left the shroud loose.
The last few makes have had good experiences. Porsche was good and now she has a BMW that videos the whole service and you can watch on your phone.
I am waiting on a new Toyota truck now. I don’t even want to use the free services.

Wouldn’t let a dealership touch my socks..

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

My opinion is equal to yours. We are both strangers on the internet…

I build custom cabinets. I don’t advertise. I don’t take work from strangers. In fact, I turn strangers down. I’m too busy to deal with people I don’t know.. I’m the best at what I do. I don’t need from anyone, let them believe..
There you are wrong, I don’t tell you that all cabinet makers are junk and all are the same.
So don’t put me and my business in the same category as “everyone” else I don’t advertise either.
So back to the OP’s issue. It’s hard for dealers to take on vehicles 10 years or older when the manufacturer can’t get you the parts you need.

In your business, I’m sure it’s not hard to tell a client that you can’t get the custom wood they want or warrant what you did 3 years ago because you can’t get the materials you need to do the job properly.

Raylander

There you are wrong, I don’t tell you that all cabinet makers are junk and all are the same.
So don’t put me and my business in the same category as “everyone” else I don’t advertise either.
So back to the OP’s issue. It’s hard for dealers to take on vehicles 10 years or older when the manufacturer can’t get you the parts you need.

In your business, I’m sure it’s not hard to tell a client that you can’t get the custom wood they want or warrant what you did 3 years ago because you can’t get the materials you need to do the job properly.
It’s a different product brother. Cabinets are not disposable. They add value to your home. Vehicles constantly depreciate..

It’s apples to oranges

A lot of cabinetmakers are junk. They suck

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

It’s a different product brother. Cabinets are not disposable. They add value to your home. Vehicles constantly depreciate..

It’s apples to oranges

Completely agree. So why are you putting all dealerships service departments in the same boat?

You said yourself “you wouldn’t let a dealership touch your socks”

So you had a bad experience? So you bash all of them?

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

It’s apples to oranges

And I disagree with another thing you said, I promise you I can get more for my ‘02 Ram right now that what I paid for it

Raylander

Completely agree. So why are you putting all dealerships service departments in the same boat?

You said yourself “you wouldn’t let a dealership touch your socks”

So you had a bad experience? So you bash all of them?

Yes. From my experience I will not allow a conglomerate business work on my vehicle. I’d prefer someone local that has ‘their name behind it’. I know those folks, we see each other around town. I do not know who ‘Ford’ or ‘Chevy’ or ‘Ram’ or ‘Porsche’ or ‘Benz’ has working in their shop.

Raylander

And I disagree with another thing you said, I promise you I can get more for my ‘02 Ram right now that what I paid for it

I don’t doubt that. But, that’s where you are confused on economics. Your dollar doesn’t buy more, it’s worth less. inflation 101

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

And hey it’s all good. I probably will never use you to build my custom cabinets. Just trying to see how other people think

sinclair1

Wouldn’t let a dealership touch my socks..
I don’t, but the wife’s change oil light is not one you can turn off without proper equipment. She trust them to do the free services. It’s actually not bad since you see them turn the wrenches.
It keeps the bad mechanics from using channel locks on every bolt.
I don’t work on stuff without dipsticks, steering boxes and motors in the trunk :bounce:

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I’m sure Mike does great work as you do as well.
Again as you can see I don’t bash anyone I don’t know or have ever had dealings with.