GA Game Check, request for input

Possum

Banned
A graph showing number of bucks/does killed per day in each county would be good.

Millyville Hunter

Thanks Charlie for asking this question. I also really appreciate you involvement on the forum to talk directly to hunters. I do like the deer checking system we have now and love the collective analysis. I think one interesting feature would be type of terrain the deer harvest was in just as simple as timber, foodplot or over grown field etc. Would be unique info to see harvest data that shows both regional feeding patterns and what dominate food source is at the time. Also an estimated weight of live deer would be interesting to see also. Would like to see what the weights compare across the county. Would also help with basic age structuring based off of body size I think.

WMA check-in hunt harvest results listed by hunt. Also, quota hunt harvest results listed by hunt. The data is available when the hunt ends yet is never updated in a timely fashion.

Possum

Banned
I’m hoping that the folks suggesting all these additional fields for terrain, acreage, conditions, etc would want these as optional fields and not required. I don’t really want to spend 20min filling out 100 questions evertime I tag a deer.

Lshaw97

I would like to see day to day statistics from the current and previous year. It would be interesting to see when the must bucks are harvested on which day of November.

Bullhound

I'm hoping all this new data will help DNR see the need for some adjustments to season dates in the far SW of the state. No signs of rut yet...and will lucky to have rut kick in by Christmas.

catchdogs

Would like to see area deer was killed example food plot or hardwoods. What was the deer doing when you killed him. How many deee seen during that hunt. Could help
With rut studies

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Heck, I think they give enough information now. I could careless what others have killed. Just more hoopla.... The numbers are not correct, I know people that kill 12 deer a year and never report them. Most people I know who have land they own and hunt do not report squat. Does that make it right, No... but, to each his own.

No doubt there will always be a lot more deer killed than reported. And like you, I know of others who will happily brag about how many deer they have killed, and even over the limit of bucks. And I would imagine some will report their deer being killed in a different county. Outlaws are going to be outlaws.

Anyway, I would also like to get an idea of how many deer are being killed with depredation permits for each county. They should have to report their deer too.

misterpink

I think being able to see day by day or at least week to week results would help hunters see trends.

Possibly seeing how many of the bucks were "any buck" vs. 4 per side?

I second this day by day or weekly totals.

I had a bad day, were harvest number down across my area or did i just hunt the weather wrong. That type thing.

Secondary rut? Do the buck numbers spike a month or so after primary peak in my county.

Some of us are real data nerds. In my down time I love looking at trends. Reading notes. Finding patterns to help guess my plan for next time.

Thanks for taking our input!!

walkinboss01

I think being able to see day by day or at least week to week results would help hunters see trends.

Possibly seeing how many of the bucks were "any buck" vs. 4 per side?

This is the info I'd like to see a source well.

redwards

I would like to see day to day statistics from the current and previous year. It would be interesting to see when the must bucks are harvested on which day of November.

Something like this?
...statewide...by day...November, 2017 only...

Attachments

• bucks.JPG
    bucks.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 294

redwards

Charlie, the chart I posted is from a spreadsheet that I have created where I download the county totals each day. If an option for downloading the data could be added it would allow all hunters the option to create data sheet/charts on their own.
I have found this very helpful myself.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Corn or no corn

Sixes

Personally, I think the setup now is perfect. Very quick and simple to use.

But, I too would be interested in a lot of extra data mentioned here, but I think the best way to accomplish that would be a short entry form (like now) vs a voluntary long entry form that includes multiple questions about the kill. If voluntary, you wouldn't get all the pertinent data on every kill, but it would still amount to a ton of data that could show patterns.

DSGB

01Foreman400

Staff member
Thanks for what you do Charlie.

as mentioned already having kills broken down into days or weeks would be great.