Hawks

GTMODawg

BANNED
I understand the NBA ain't overly popular in this part of the world and it is entirely understandable but the Hawks, who have struggled mightily this season after making a real run (for the Hawks) at an NBA championship last season, look like they have righted the ship of late and won 4 straight with 4 very winnable games over the next couple of weeks. They are a very exciting team to watch if you can stomach NBA basketball....and I understand those who don't like it. They are young and can score in buckets. Not much on defense however. They have a point guard in his 4th year in the league who is on pace to match stats put up by the likes of Michael Jordan and Lebron James....and has already topped some of those stats at this point in his career. In my opinion there is entirely too much NBA but the Hawks have provided some good entertainment late last year and look like they may be on the path to doing so again.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Don’t worry…coming soonView attachment 1131351

LOL...if the past is indicative of the future you are spot on. Still fun to watch them though...they score in buckets and play a NBA version of street ball....no defense though. They were pretty close to winning the East last year and on paper at least are better this year. They lost in 6 but were up 3-1 if memory serves when Young was injured by stepping on a ref's foot. Their record was similar at this point last year and the wound up in the 5th spot and made it to division final....could happen again, but probably won't. Still an entertaining couple of hour diversion if one is so inclined....

GTMODawg

BANNED
Hawks now on a 8 game win streak and playing the best defense in the NBA currently statistically speaking. Braves, Dawgs, .....Hawks???

BornToHuntAndFish

Hawks had their best game of the season this week ending Phoenix Suns 11-game winning streak with Atlanta having 20 total 3-ptrs.

BornToHuntAndFish

Atlanta Hawks did well to win 2 consecutive games in the post-season to make it to the NBA playoffs with the 1st game of the 7-game-series starting today on Easter Sunday at 1 pm on the road against the Miami Heat on TNT TV.

FQjRqnDXIAAwnRB

FQbmnzHXMAcWQcl

FQi1SH2X0AYW0ut

GTMODawg

BANNED
Hawks have a punchers shot to make a run. John Collins supposedly good to go today. If Cappellla can come back by game three in Atlanta Hawks could be a tough out for the heat. The defense has been really good of late but cappella needs to be healthy.

jbarron

BANNED
They've been very entertaining, as of late!

GTMODawg

BANNED
They've been very entertaining, as of late!

They have been! About as entertaining as they have ever been in Atlanta…..it’s reay fun. My kids were at the game Wednesday and the crowd was nuts on the radio. I cam remember watching the Hawks play MJ at the Omni with less than 5000 people in th building.

BornToHuntAndFish

Hawks have been exceeding my expectations making a late season run to gain a winning record, making it to the post-season, winning both play-in games to make it to the playoffs today. Was not expecting John Collins in any post-season games, but just heard on the radio he entered today's game which is a welcomed surprise, especially after Capella's injury last game knocking him out for at least a week.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Hawks have been exceeding my expectations making a late season run to gain a winning record, making it to the post-season, winning both play-in games to make it to the playoffs today. Was not expecting John Collins in any post-season games, but just heard on the radio he entered today's game which is a welcomed surprise, especially after Capella's injury last game knocking him out for at least a week.

The whupping at the hands of the Heat Sunday not withstanding the Hawks are poised to be pretty exciting for 3-5 years unless they pull an ATL and make a bunch of boneheaded moves. They flat out ran into a buzz saw Sunday though but its hard to imagine Miami being able to replicate the Hawks dismal shooting. Hoping they got the stink out of their system and make it a series.....

treemanjohn

Banned
The whupping at the hands of the Heat Sunday not withstanding the Hawks are poised to be pretty exciting for 3-5 years unless they pull an ATL and make a bunch of boneheaded moves. They flat out ran into a buzz saw Sunday though but its hard to imagine Miami being able to replicate the Hawks dismal shooting. Hoping they got the stink out of their system and make it a series.....
Collins came back. They've been on a good little roll without him. I'm not sure inserting him was the best decision. That said the Heat had a flawless defensive game plan with Trae. Shut his butt down

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, Hawks have lots of potential the next several seasons if they can stay healthy, but it's concerning with them waiting 'til the end of the season to get it going. Very disappointing 1st game of the series while still on the road away from home turf.

Despite Trae Young's worse game, he made some decent points or excuses for Atlanta getting blown out, surprising he had more rebounds than assists besides not being able to make field goals. 4th Qtr was the only decent performance for the Hawks. Had to win 3 straight games to get in the playoff, but the team needs some rest & recovery time after their busy post-season schedule. Miami had a week off 'til Sunday's game. A day of rest before next game, then 2-days rest after that when they come home while getting time to adjust to the Heat's game plan against the Hawks ought to help improve things.

Obviously, if teams cannot score then they cannot win, especially needing the 3-pt game & leaders needing to step up to the next level for the playoffs. Let's include playoff teams stepping up & intensify their defensive game with the lower scoring playoff games. Regular season was more like whoever reaches 120-pts 1st wins the game. Fortunately, there's lots more games left in the series. Hope Hawks can avoid more injuries which did them in last season's playoffs.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Miami was bent on fouling anytime the Hawks got inside the arc and Hawks were in the bonus about 7 minutes in the first quarter. Heat was going to be in foul trouble midway through the the third at the rate they were fouling midway through the first....but the Hawks decided to go to the perimeter almost exclusively, which is usually a good idea given the shooters on the team, but when they ain't hitting you gotta take what the other team is giving you. Very frustrating game to watch but its a long series and you only gotta steal one on the road to advance....

GTMODawg

BANNED
Collins came back. They've been on a good little roll without him. I'm not sure inserting him was the best decision. That said the Heat had a flawless defensive game plan with Trae. Shut his butt down

And did so with big men....that normally does not go well for the bigs. Miami did it to perfection. Hard to imagine them being able to replicate that. If they can Hawks lose in 4-5. It certainly hasn't paid off for opponents having 2 and 3 on Young down the stretch.....

stonecreek

I thought the back to back play in games would take its toll and it did. Miami is a good team with solid coaching. Hope the Hawks steal a game or 2 but it is gonna be hard to win this series. I’m thinking Milwaukee and Phoenix in finals.

I'm afraid that missing Capela is going to make this a very short playoff run. Look at all the missed lobs in Miami yesterday. Trae and Capela have a unique hive-mind and you can't just plug and play another guy. I hope I am wrong. I have enjoyed watching the second half of the season.

Also, isn't it interesting that John Collins is suddenly good to go in the game right after Capela gets injured? I don't really think Collins is good to go. It is desparation. Again, I hope I am wrong.

BamaGeorgialine

I'm afraid that missing Capela is going to make this a very short playoff run. Look at all the missed lobs in Miami yesterday. Trae and Capela have a unique hive-mind and you can't just plug and play another guy. I hope I am wrong. I have enjoyed watching the second half of the season.

Also, isn't it interesting that John Collins is suddenly good to go in the game right after Capela gets injured? I don't really think Collins is good to go. It is desparation. Again, I hope I am wrong.
I believe that Collins isn't 100% either. He went from being in street clothes two days before to suiting up.