Hawks

treemanjohn

Banned
I still can’t believe that the Hawks didn’t make a trade before the trade deadline. It’s going to be an interesting off season. Atlanta has a small window to go to the next level with Trey or he’ll be gone and I can’t blame him. And yes, the officiating was terrible
Every single player besides Trae should be on the table. They won't get their hands dirty. Finesse basketball doesn't win Championships. Trae is got killed this season when the NBA changed the flop rule. That was hit bread and butter

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
A lot of truth there. Those players had heart and were cutthroat. Watching Magic, Bird, Jordan, Isaiah, Stockton, ......square off was pure artistry
My son and I recently watched the 30 for 30 episode about the Detroit Pistons in the late 80s. I told him that’s why I can’t get into the NBA as much now. It’s hard to top the 80s and early 90s NBA

treemanjohn

Banned
My son and I recently watched the 30 for 30 episode about the Detroit Pistons in the late 80s. I told him that’s why I can’t get into the NBA as much now. It’s hard to top the 80s and early 90s NBA
Laimbeer, Rodman, and John Salley would hurt your feelings in a big way. Rodman was a highly underrated wizard. 30 years later most basketball fans are finally figuring it out. He was the same with the Bulls

BornToHuntAndFish

If they couldn’t win Sunday night at home in front of that crowd them they don’t deserve to win the series

No fun especially when they cannot win on home turf for their fans. Miami's defense was way too much for them to handle while injuries still remain problems with failure for Atlanta to raise their performance to a winning playoff next level.

BamaGeorgialine

Every single player besides Trae should be on the table. They won't get their hands dirty. Finesse basketball doesn't win Championships. Trae is got killed this season when the NBA changed the flop rule. That was hit bread and butter
I don't have a problem with Trae, but he definitely needs players around him that can score or at least handle the ball. I don't see how he keeps up really. He's harassed from the tip to the end of the game. The good teams have guards that can break a press, not just one. Stephen Curry wouldn't be able to do what he does if he was guarded from one end of the floor to the other. Draymond Green typically brings the ball up or Jordan Poole. Curry saves his energy for running off picks. The Hawks need to reevaluate what they are looking for in the draft. They need high energy players. I about come unglued when there's a long rebound and everyone is just standing there watching. Long shot means long rebound people. Good grief. There's my soap box

treemanjohn

Banned
I don't have a problem with Trae, but he definitely needs players around him that can score or at least handle the ball. I don't see how he keeps up really. He's harassed from the tip to the end of the game. The good teams have guards that can break a press, not just one. Stephen Curry wouldn't be able to do what he does if he was guarded from one end of the floor to the other. Draymond Green typically brings the ball up or Jordan Poole. Curry saves his energy for running off picks. The Hawks need to reevaluate what they are looking for in the draft. They need high energy players. I about come unglued when there's a long rebound and everyone is just standing there watching. Long shot means long rebound people. Good grief. There's my soap box
Stop Trae and you stop the Hawks. He's the center if the offense. Opposing coaches aren't scared of anyone else on the team. It's simple and Trae doesn't have the physical attributes to push through and make something happen.

When Hunter got held from the bench last night a real team leader would make it clear that everyone on that team would be kneecapped

GTMODawg

BANNED
Stop Trae and you stop the Hawks. He's the center if the offense. Opposing coaches aren't scared of anyone else on the team. It's simple and Trae doesn't have the physical attributes to push through and make something happen.

When Hunter got held from the bench last night a real team leader would make it clear that everyone on that team would be kneecapped

Between that and Tucker's play the entire series someone in the Hawks organization needed to go Rambo on the heat at least a few times. Instead they acted like they didn't belong on the same court as the Heat....and as it turns out they didn't. I didn't expect them to repeat last years run but I would have been less surprised by that than basically not competing at all for long stretches of games in the first round. Now I gotta listen to my son talk about trade rumors and who needs to go for who all summer LOL. I wish he had suddenly discovered a love of fishing!

BamaGeorgialine

Between that and Tucker's play the entire series someone in the Hawks organization needed to go Rambo on the heat at least a few times. Instead they acted like they didn't belong on the same court as the Heat....and as it turns out they didn't. I didn't expect them to repeat last years run but I would have been less surprised by that than basically not competing at all for long stretches of games in the first round. Now I gotta listen to my son talk about trade rumors and who needs to go for who all summer LOL. I wish he had suddenly discovered a love of fishing!
It wouldn't stop. My son loves to go fishing with me, but he talks about the Hawks the whole time.

Latest posts