Hawks

BornToHuntAndFish

Hawks win 1st Qtr by 1, lost 2nd Qtr by 13, & won 3rd Qtr by 1-pt, but still trailing by 11. Hope Atlanta rallies a big comeback in the 4th Qtr.

BamaGeorgialine

Even if the Hawks win this game, they aren't built for another deep run. Unfortunately just prolonging the inevitable. I think that they're keeping Trae, Okongua, Bogdonavich and Capella for sure. Everyone else is up for trade discussions

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Hunter is trying to earn his money this series

BamaGeorgialine

Hawks are totally out maned and out coached. I was at the game Sunday night. What the cameras didnt show was the Hawks just standing around That’s coaching but this Miami team is really good and are physical. If the Heat win the series,lol, I’m pulling for them the rest of the playoffs
I hope that the Celtics wax them. I can't stand P.J. Tucker. He has a big mouth to have such little value

BornToHuntAndFish

Disappointing having the Hawks come up 3-pts. short to tie the game with the 4th Qtr being their best tonight. Tough winning without Trae Young's magic when he's hot which was unfortunately mostly missing in this series.

mark-7mag

Disappointing having the Hawks come up 3-pts. short to tie the game with the 4th Qtr being their best tonight. Tough winning without Trae Young's magic when he's hot which was unfortunately mostly missing in this series.
If they couldn’t win Sunday night at home in front of that crowd them they don’t deserve to win the series

mark-7mag

I’m afraid Nate is too complacent now after getting that contract

GTMODawg

BANNED
I’m afraid Nate is too complacent now after getting that contract

I don't think it makes much of a difference but Nate does seem pretty calm on the sideline this season. There were a couple of times in game 2 where he should have acted out to the point of being rejected....the officials were HORRIBLE, even by NBA standards, during stretches of that game and the frustration from that is, in my opinion, a big part of the Hawks underwhelming energy in the next 3 games. He also allowed Miami to go on debilitating runs in games 4 and 5 with timeouts in his pocket and didn't use them. You gotta stop momentum when the opponent is on a run . I know you want to save timeouts for when they are needed late in the game but you can only use 4 in the 4th and 2 in the last 3 minutes but that leaves discretion for 2 with the mandatories....basketball is a game of runs and stopping them is a big part of the game and timeouts can be effective. Nate acts like he gets a cash bonus for timeouts not used. He did make a good call at the end of the game last night by not challenging and saving a TO but the Hawks couldn't inbound cleanly and the game was lost.

On another note I have watched more NBA in the last 2 seasons than I have in the previous 20 because my son suddenly became an avid Hawks fan. I had forgotten how eerily similar to professional wrestling the NBA is at times....the officiating is horrendous and basketball is especially suited to influence from the officials. I ain't saying its scripted like pro wrestling but it ain't far from it.....

mark-7mag

I still can’t believe that the Hawks didn’t make a trade before the trade deadline. It’s going to be an interesting off season. Atlanta has a small window to go to the next level with Trey or he’ll be gone and I can’t blame him. And yes, the officiating was terrible

treemanjohn

Banned
I wish I could still watch the NBA but I was a fan in the 80's thru early 90's and watching today is like drinking rot gut after having tried 16 year old Scotch.
A lot of truth there. Those players had heart and were cutthroat. Watching Magic, Bird, Jordan, Isaiah, Stockton, ......square off was pure artistry