Is your wife your partner or your mother

The mtn man

This is very sad and if you are who I think you are, I don't know how anybody in their right mind could be mean to you.:mad: Also, if you are who I think you are, you did REAL good with this one. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Awe, thanks, that was nice. I'm not sure if I'm who you think I am, but thanks all the same.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Anyone who is thinking about it. A divorced person who was unhappily married is going to say it was the best thing they ever did. That could influence another unhappy married person into making a similar decision that may or may not be the right decision for them.
I can say for sure am happier now than I would be if I had gone through with a divorce. When you ask for marriage advice you will have no shortage of people willing to give it. Again I’m just glad my wife and I didn’t listen to anyone but eachother back when we were thinking about divorce.

I think someone who doesn’t know whether they want a divorce maybe should talk to folk who have reconciled and stayed together.
For someone who knows they want divorce it can be invaluable to seek counsel from someone who has walked that mile.

The mtn man

Yes, I also have been at the point when I realized that life was too short to live like that another day. And as you said, second marriages are usually good. You go into them with a whole different outlook on life.

I still laugh every time I think about the story you told me about running into your ex wife, she spoke to you and you didn't even know who she was!!!:rofl:

Possum

Banned
Not me. I'm glad I got a divorce from my first wife. 46 years later and she is still stalking me.

And thats kinda my point. No one who ever got a divorce is going to tell someone they regret it. And with the majority of marriages ending in divorce there is plenty of guys like you to say how much better off they are. I will say it again because I know it to be true. If you are in an unhappy marriage, don’t take advice from a divorced person. Sorry if I’ve offended anyone by saying that.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Married too young and stayed way to long with the first one. There is absolutely no reason to live in misery. This includes kids.

10 years into #2 and its great. We are very different people but enjoy everything we have in common. We've worked hard together and talk out where we're headed. We genuinely enjoy each others company and work at managing busy lives to get more time together.

She is a great partner, I definitely out punted my coverage.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
And with the majority of marriages ending in divorce there is plenty of guys like you to say how much better off they are.

And we would be right too. My first wife was Hitler's long lost younger sister. I was her first and she's been through 3 more husbands after me.

The mtn man

Married too young and stayed way to long with the first one. There is absolutely no reason to live in misery. This includes kids.

10 years into #2 and its great. We are very different people but enjoy everything we have in common. We've worked hard together and talk out where we're headed. We genuinely enjoy each others company and work at managing busy lives to get more time together.

She is a great partner, I definitely out punted my coverage.

That is encouraging to me. Awesome!!

The mtn man

On a high note, my middle child called me today to see if I wanted to get together next week to do something, I'm super excited!!!

Possum

Banned
I think someone who doesn’t know whether they want a divorce maybe should talk to folk who have reconciled and stayed together.
For someone who knows they want divorce it can be invaluable to seek counsel from someone who has walked that mile.

In Ga, part of the process in order to get a divorce is you have to take a class. Me and my wife took the class together. Not a single time was there any mention of not getting the divorce. The speakers told their wonderful divorce stories and explained how great life was after divorce. Even the divorce course I took at church made divorce sound wonderful and the best option for a marriage like ours. Everyone she knew told her she’d be better off. Everyone I knew told me I’d be happier. None of that was true. Although I hated her more than anyone in the world I still wanted it to work. Even though we had tried and failed a hundred times before, we wanted to try again. For whatever reason, three years ago we learned what marriage takes. We began to love eachother, we began to work with eachother, we forgave each other and it has been the best three years of my life since then. There was no hope for us back then but really there was.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
And we would be right too. My first wife was Hitler's long lost younger sister. I was her first and she's been through 3 more husbands after me.

WHAAAT. Gotta be the same woman I had. So I musta been # 2. ;)

Cmp1

BANNED
My ex was a NC gal,,,, we didn't really have any issues except we were just too young,,,, 5yrs,,,, going on 17 with my wife now,,,, she says jump,,,, I say how high,,,, just kidding,,,,

Possum

Banned

The way you talk about her explains a lot.

The mtn man

In Ga, part of the process in order to get a divorce is you have to take a class. Me and my wife took the class together. Not a single time was there any mention of not getting the divorce. The speakers told their wonderful divorce stories and explained how great life was after divorce. Even the divorce course I took at church made divorce sound wonderful and the best option for a marriage like ours. Everyone she knew told her she’d be better off. Everyone I knew told me I’d be happier. None of that was true. Although I hated her more than anyone in the world I still wanted it to work. Even though we had tried and failed a hundred times before, we wanted to try again. For whatever reason, three years ago we learned what marriage takes. We began to love eachother, we began to work with eachother, we forgave each other and it has been the best three years of my life since then. There was no hope for us back then but really there was.

It sounds to me like you two had a love hate relationship, I've seen that, if both parties are willing to compromise, it can be saved just like yours. Like I said before I'm glad for you, it seems to me that you might have a good woman. Congratulations!! I really mean that.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Possum my friend you are in an exceptional relationship and I am proud for you. But those divorce counselors told y’all the truth.

I hope you don’t ever have to start over like many of us have. But if you ever do you will understand us then.

Possum

Banned
It sounds to me like you two had a love hate relationship, I've seen that, if both parties are willing to compromise, it can be saved just like yours. Like I said before I'm glad for you, it seems to me that you might have a good woman. Congratulations!! I really mean that.

Actually back then there was no love. Only hate and pain. Love developed slowly. Slowly the pain went away. It took time to forgive. But in three years there has not been a single major argument and we are now best friends. She is the best part of my life and she would say the same about me. Staying together is not easy to start but all it takes is an ounce of willingness and a little faith.

The mtn man

Possum my friend you are in an exceptional relationship and I am proud for you. But those divorce counselors told y’all the truth.

I hope you don’t ever have to start over like many of us have. But if you ever do you will understand us then.

You make a good point, whether you meant to or not, my divorce believe it or not changed me for the better in a way. I was always one of those people that would think to myself how selfish someone would be for breaking up a home, I can remember being just like the people that look at me with disgust, but I've come to learn that you can never be judgemental toward someone for choices they have made, you just never know what that person has had to live through. I can even remember when I just could not understand folks with addictions, but now I understand that people that have addictions are fighting a battle within that most of us cannot comprehend. I have made it my life's mission to be that person that has compassion on the shunned. I make it a point to go out of my way to check on those that are battling addiction. I let them know that I am there friend if they need me. I have always been a Christian, but saw the true vial nature of the human being when I went through my ordeal with my divorce. People that I had been to church with for years had condemned me to the lowest form of life. It occurred to me that I had been those same people . And that made me feel dirty, I have learned that everyone has a reason for anything they do. After I had my epiphany , i realized that Jesus would not have acted the way I have witnessed people acting. I work for a local phone company, I have actually had trouble tickets that had notes on them that said these people will not allow me to even be on their property, now these are people I have known my whole life, and have gone to church with. I will say that my ex , her family, and friends spearheaded a successfully smear campaign against me. But it just baffled me how people acted toward me even though they knew me. But no matter, I believe I am better for it now, I have gotten past all that, I go out of my way to speak to those folks when I see them, and do my best to shower them with kindness. But really it did me some good to see this human nature.

Possum

Banned
You make a good point, whether you meant to or not, my divorce believe it or not changed me for the better in a way. I was always one of those people that would think to myself how selfish someone would be for breaking up a home, I can remember being just like the people that look at me with disgust, but I've come to learn that you can never be judgemental toward someone for choices they have made, you just never know what that person has had to live through. I can even remember when I just could not understand folks with addictions, but now I understand that people that have addictions are fighting a battle within that most of us cannot comprehend. I have made it my life's mission to be that person that has compassion on the shunned. I make it a point to go out of my way to check on those that are battling addiction. I let them know that I am there friend if they need me. I have always been a Christian, but saw the true vial nature of the human being when I went through my ordeal with my divorce. People that I had been to church with for years had condemned me to the lowest form of life. It occurred to me that I had been those same people . And that made me feel dirty, I have learned that everyone has a reason for anything they do. After I had my epiphany , i realized that Jesus would not have acted the way I have witnessed people acting. I work for a local phone company, I have actually had trouble tickets that had notes on them that said these people will not allow me to even be on their property, now these are people I have known my whole life, and have gone to church with. I will say that my ex , her family, and friends spearheaded a successfully smear campaign against me. But it just baffled me how people acted toward me even though they knew me. But no matter, I believe I am better for it now, I have gotten past all that, I go out of my way to speak to those folks when I see them, and do my best to shower them with kindness. But really it did me some good to see this human nature.

I will try to say this as respectfully as I can. I see clearly how you feel about your ex-wife. And by no means am I saying she wasn’t the aweful human you made her out to be or that you didn’t do the right thing by leaving, but...
My guess is if she posted about you, things you did, how she was treated, she would make an equal case against you. One thing I’ve noticed from all divorced people is that they were all married to a monster. Their spouse was evil but they themselves were an angel. Elfii’s exwife is Hitlers daughter according to him but I’d be willing to bet she could think of a few nasty names to call him too. My point is this, no one wants to admit they made mistakes but no one is perfect. My wife and I realized that we weren’t perfect people and had to both improve ourselves before we could expect one another to change.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My son had serious back surgery at the age of 23. His girlfriend since 19 years old, now wife stood by his side the whole way. Lots of young girls woulda run.(so I've been told) He had to move back home for two years for recovery. She moved back with her parents and came everyday after work to take care of him. He lost his job as a nurse. She stood by his side with us through it all. That's love. They were finally able to get married last October and have a house nicer than ours. He never gave up and is making a good living.:cool:

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 246
  • Back 2.jpg
    Back 2.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 247
  • precious.jpg
    precious.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 245

fish hawk

Bass Master
Yea
Dude that works for me has zero say.
He does the cleaning, most cooking, most laundry, most kid care, all yard stuff, and the list goes on.
He says, she is the bread winner and I don't mind her making the call.

I said, your supposed to be a man but if you don't want to be it's cool with me. But I'd slap my wife and promptly file for divorce.

11 years almost and we are good with joint account. Except for the safe money. That's mine to decide. I made it. Its for toys and vacation and fun. If she wants some she asks and I don't recall ever batting and eye or not giving her what she wanted.

She has her chores and I have mine.

We have a new mower per her request.
It's green and yellow and has a nice buck on it. I figured it was the least I could do....
View attachment 925781

Yo drank your beer out of a glass?smh