last trip of year...IL from the tree!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Bornto...traffic in nashville ended up being a wreck that cleared pretty quick. Also in first post we were in chatanooga not nashville, mistyped.

Clouds rolling in right now...calling for rain tonight and temps falling tomorrow...come on cold weather!

irishleprechaun

Dang JT, I had a Georgia ID card made a couple years ago so I wouldn't have to use my DL traveling on airplanes. I could have given you it and my unused tag for your trip:rolleyes:

BornToHuntAndFish

Go get 'em JT & BB!!!

Sounds like "Prime Time" has arrived. Been anxiously waiting for ya'll to get back in the saddle this trip up there. Now, I can't tear myself away to get what I need to get done. Thx for all the reports.
:cool:

K80

Good Luck Yall!!!

Shouldn't that thread title read "First trip of the Year"?:bounce:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
14 in field now. 2 have walked all the way over here...both spikes :bounce: wouldnt you know.

Btw we brought 7 racks of ribs and they are almost ready!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok best count was 19 total. Too dark to count anymore. I think bubba saw 1:bounce:

sman

Good luck guys.

Please drive careful while up there. We had 4 locals go up there last week and hit a patch of ice. Some of them are still up there in the hospital.

zman

good luck guys and bubba don't late jt kill the only buck. come on man you will never live it down. be safe guys and hope ya'll have a great trip.

BornToHuntAndFish

Sounds like a fine start. Hope it was a sign of more good things to come & just it gets even better for ya'll. It was a long day for you both so ya'll deserve that tasty rib dinner & a restful nite of sleep. By the time you to took that photo, you had to have been driving while gary was trying to get some rest & not sure how you took the picture; bet it would've made bubba nervous if he knew about it. Have a safe return with your vehicle full of venison & all deer tags used up.

ditchdoc24

Getting on towards daylight. Better bump this up so JT can find it easy. Good luck to the both of you. Tell Bubba we want him to kill a big one.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sorry for delay folks, heavy storms @ daylight kept us in the cabin. Pouring rain a archery dont mix:bounce: headed to stands now. Will update after settled.

Zman, I filled my buck tag up here in november so Im only doe hunting now. Its on bubba for the buck killin

PEPPERHEAD

Storms in the midwest during January usually means cold weather is right beind it. Good luck on your late season hunt. You can never have enough of that good corn fed meat in the freezer.