Let's see some old slipjoints

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
A few more of my Case favorites..

IMG_20220122_082831811.jpg

The ol trapper up top was a gift from my Dad when I got to my first duty station...

Don't remember how I came to own the Canoe..

And I have always had a Sodbuster or two around...

This past year, I started carrying one a week or two, and swapping them out. It's fun, and a knife stuck in a drawer ain't no good for nothing...

GA1dad

I guess this one is qualified as a classic by now. I'm 54, and it's been in my pocket every day since I was 16. OT77 Muskrat Trapper.
View attachment 1130557

Yep, that's a classic indeed! What an awesome picture!!! Only thing missing is a cast iron pan and some taters. Thanks for sharing NCH

I'd love to get my hands on a couple of older Old Timers like we had in our youth. Don't see many originals around anymore.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that's a classic indeed! What an awesome picture!!! Only thing missing is a cast iron pan and some taters. Thanks for sharing NCH

I'd love to get my hands on a couple of older Old Timers like we had in our youth. Don't see many originals around anymore.

:)
trout5.jpg

GA1dad

LOL!! You da man!!!

sinclair1

And the Old Timer/Uncle Henry crowd...

View attachment 1130566

And some Bucks..

View attachment 1130567

"The Drawer"..

View attachment 1130568

It's a bit of a sickness, but when I am dead and done, my grandboys The Kid and Little Brother will have a fine start on hoards of their own... ?
My wife’s father collected and went to all the blade shows. When he passed she opted to have his collection given to all the young kids in the family. They went from sitting in cases to being service knives.
We discussed as we do not have kids and the collection had some valuable knives in it to be put into service.
Well after a discussion, you now have 9 year olds carrying $500 collectible Bowie knives and folders?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My wife’s father collected and went to all the blade shows. When he passed she opted to have his collection given to all the young kids in the family. They went from sitting in cases to being service knives.
We discussed as we do not have kids and the collection had some valuable knives in it to be put into service.
Well after a discussion, you now have 9 year olds carrying $500 collectible Bowie knives and folders?

Very cool ?

GA1dad

Got out and absorbed some sunshine today,,, much needed. Carried along a Camillus Barlow, the most repeated pattern in my collection. There is just something special about the simplicity of a Barlow in my eyes.

20220122_152707 (790 x 573).jpg

HermanMerman

I guess this one is qualified as a classic by now. I'm 54, and it's been in my pocket every day since I was 16. OT77 Muskrat Trapper.
View attachment 1130557

Kudos for not losing it after all those years. I lose one or two every year it seems…. I do everything in my power to take them out of my pocket and keep them in the same spot but they always seem to grow legs and walk off.

HermanMerman

My grandfather’s neighbor gave me this one when I was maybe 6 or 7. I’m contradicting my above post but I somehow kept up with it. The blade says “Camillus 1961”.

Attachments

• 04B8F4FF-766E-478D-9D9D-2729AEBFAA7F.jpeg
    04B8F4FF-766E-478D-9D9D-2729AEBFAA7F.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 22

Havana Dude

This old Case, has been retired to spend its days opening mail. My best recollection is I got it from a box of my Dads belongings after he passed away. Scared to lose it so it will remain on the table beside my recliner. Also have a few uncle Henry knives, one I bought many years ago, and the one I bought my dad, a double blade.

Attachments

• CB3B043D-71C2-4A66-9D50-B8D2C2EB3842.jpeg
    CB3B043D-71C2-4A66-9D50-B8D2C2EB3842.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 11