Let's see some old slipjoints

GA1dad

Kudos for not losing it after all those years. I lose one or two every year it seems…. I do everything in my power to take them out of my pocket and keep them in the same spot but they always seem to grow legs and walk off.

I also do some metal detecting and I've lost count of how many rusty pocket knives I've dug up. I know there's at least one of mine in my yard,,,,, somewhere. I started keeping mine in a clear, single layer tackle box and since then I really haven't lost any.

Hillbilly stalker

Well y’all got me to digging. A couple have a short story with them, so cut me some slack.

The first one is my most cherished. Just an old Imperial Barlow model. I’m 55 years old and my paw paw bought it for me one day at the old country store out on the ridge when I was 7 or 8 years old. My momma cut a flip. They kept them hung on the wall on a yellow cardboard sleeve if y’all remember those. They cost either $1.29 or $1.49, I honestly can’t recall. I wouldn’t take $500 for it now. Over the years Its made several slingshots, bow & arrows, hickory whistles, cut bailing twine and made toy canoes to float down the creek. Over the years I seemed to loose it several times only to find it later on. Come to find out my daddy would find it laying around where I left it, and he would put it back up for me. That thing will still shave your arm, good carbon steel.
F3985B1E-29CD-42F9-90E9-9EEAF89D11AF.jpeg

Hillbilly stalker

Here’s a handful of other old ones I have. The top left one is a Senior stockman, model 80T I believe. I worked the biggest part of a summer digging post holes on a hillside with post hole diggers and a tamper bar for 25 cents a hole. Saved my money to buy it, I‘m thinking it was $12 and some change. I was 10 or 11 so I can’t remember. Love the knife, cleaned every varmit you could imagine with it. The 2 on the right are a old Queen and Jr. Sodbuster I bout wore out. I keep the queen for digging out .22 shell in a old rifle. Can’t hurt it anymore I reckon.780D48F7-F55B-46DE-93F1-D61C87BB2287.jpeg

TJay

This is an old Hammer Brand that was my grandfather's that I got from my Mom. I never met him he died before I was born. He must have passed pretty quick after he acquired that knife because it doesn't show much use.

Attachments

• IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 21

GA1dad

Well y’all got me to digging. A couple have a short story with them, so cut me some slack.

The first one is my most cherished. Just an old Imperial Barlow model. I’m 55 years old and my paw paw bought it for me one day at the old country store out on the ridge when I was 7 or 8 years old. My momma cut a flip. They kept them hung on the wall on a yellow cardboard sleeve if y’all remember those. They cost either $1.29 or $1.49, I honestly can’t recall. I wouldn’t take $500 for it now. Over the years Its made several slingshots, bow & arrows, hickory whistles, cut bailing twine and made toy canoes to float down the creek. Over the years I seemed to loose it several times only to find it later on. Come to find out my daddy would find it laying around where I left it, and he would put it back up for me. That thing will still shave your arm, good carbon steel.
View attachment 1132221

I love a knife with a good story like that,, thanks for sharing!!

GA1dad

Does anybody else like the Buck stockmans? This one has served me well the last 3 years.

Yessir,,, I like'em!! Don't own one,,, but I like'em!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
That's what my Dad carried his whole life, still does. I got the Buck 501 Esquire when I was about 10, still carry it today...

I rescued that 501 in post #22 for $20, with the little leather belt sheath...

Now I am wanting a swell end jack so bad I can't stand it...:LOL:

GA1dad

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
From the drawer...

A trio of Case's from about 1970. All CV, never used or carried. I can't remember how I wound up with them, but I will let The Kid and Little Brother decide one day whether to use, or preserve...

IMG_20220130_173915099.jpg

And they will each get a Trapper, handed out by the railroad as gifts years ago...

IMG_20220130_174206170.jpg

Latest posts