Looking for new rifle scope

pacecars

The Meopta 6x42 has replaced the Leupold 6x42 as my favorite scope. I just picked up a Kahles 6x42 and will see if it will replace the Meopta now. After trying all different variables and fixed powers I have found that a 6x42 with a #4 reticle is perfect for me from muzzle to 400 plus yards

Reactions: Dub

drumbum77

Banned
I just put Leupold Freedom VX 3 x 9 40mms on my .243 Win rifle. I paided $179.00 for it because of a sale/free shipping deal .... It has been the best value $$ for $$ of any the newer low cost scopes!!

^^^THIS^^^ ALL DAY LONG!

Academy sports has them for $160 bucks. The turrets are a bit mushy but once you get it dialed in it's a outstanding scope for the money.

Twiggbuster

I had Simmons back in the day.
Killed deer.
Had Tascos
Killed deer.
“Upgraded” to Luepold Rifleman.
Still killing deer.

It’s still the shooter, but hey nice things are nice to have too.

I tried a 50mm and it did bring in more light but just dominated the rifle so I switched back to 40.

jammeri5

I like the red field scopes. Put one on my sons youth 243 several years ago. It’s been dropped a few times and still held zero. He upgraded to a 270 last year and wanted another red field. It has been great so far.

Ray357

AWOL
Meopta makes awesome glass. Their low light ability is amazing.
The Meopta 6x42 has replaced the Leupold 6x42 as my favorite scope. I just picked up a Kahles 6x42 and will see if it will replace the Meopta now. After trying all different variables and fixed powers I have found that a 6x42 with a #4 reticle is perfect for me from muzzle to 400 plus yards