Military History Trivia

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I'm gonna guess and say the Bradley but a buddy of mine said the most dangerous vehicle in Desert Storm was the supply truck that carried MRE's. Said he'd never been so constipated in his life! :LOL:
Yep.
The M2 Bradley. I was a gunner on one during Desert Storm.
MRE...the lies in one. :bounce: And yeah they would lock you up tight.

Resica

The highest ranking U.S general killed in WW2 was killed during Operation Cobra during the attempt to break out from the Normandy fighting. He was the Commander of Army Ground Forces. Who was he?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
The highest ranking U.S general killed in WW2 was killed during Operation Cobra during the attempt to break out from the Normandy fighting. He was the Commander of Army Ground Forces. Who was he?

LG McNair

Resica

My Great Uncle captured the first prisoner in his division. Uncle Rat was a member of an artillery battalion that was called into Normandy on D-Day plus 2 due to a 29th Division artillery battalion being lost in the channel. His battalion was attached to the 29th for a few weeks I believe. He was wounded after 56 days of combat around St. Lo and spent a long time in hospitals.
His division was rated as the best division in the war in Europe by high command folks. It was a National Guard Division.

What Division is this?

Resica

Operation Torch. Who did Major General Patton take over for after the failures at Kasserine Pass?

Resica

What aircraft was John McCain flying and what aircraft carrier was he on when the carrier had a fire onboard due to a rocket malfunction from an F-4 that ignited a fuel tank on an A-4?