Military History Trivia

Resica

This fellow fought in WW1. He received the Medal of Honor for gathering 35 machine guns, killing at least 25 Krauts and capturing 132 prisoners in the Meuse-Argonne. He was initially a conscientious objector. Who is he?
Sgt. Alvin York!

Resica

My Great Uncle captured the first prisoner in his division. Uncle Rat was a member of an artillery battalion that was called into Normandy on D-Day plus 2 due to a 29th Division artillery battalion being lost in the channel. His battalion was attached to the 29th for a few weeks I believe. He was wounded after 56 days of combat around St. Lo and spent a long time in hospitals.
His division was rated as the best division in the war in Europe by high command folks. It was a National Guard Division.

What Division is this?
30th Infantry Division. National Guard Division initially comprised of men from Ga., Tenn., and North Carolina and South Carolina. Nicknamed Roosevelt's SS by the Germans!!!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
2 pilots had 3 kills each during Desert Storm, who where they and what aircraft did they fly?

Resica

WW2. Who were the commanders of the United States 3rd Fleet and 5th Fleet. They were the same fleets, changed numerics with the different admirals.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I'll say Air Force F-15s. I'll never get the pilots names.
F-15c's
Thomas "Vegas" Dietz and Bob "Gigs" Hehemann were the pilots both were in 33 FW out of Eglin AFB

Resica

There were 3 Americans in the USAF that became aces in Vietnam. 2 were backseaters. Only 1 was a pilot. I'll take all 3 but who was the pilot?