Mountain trout late season

asmooth13

You know how much gear one can tote in a large Alice pack system, just make sure it has the kidney pad and waist belt. They are a bit pricey now (150.00 - 170.00) but I'm sure they are on ebay or what not.

Yeah, so I do have some stuff in storage I was unable to get to (Clears throat...).
I had to make a trip to a couple different big sports stores.
They were pretty bare on the shelves.
Got the only pack immediately available that looked like it would take the load.
It did, but out a wallop on my body.

Semi hard back (Just extra padding really.), both waste, and chest strap.

With all the extras strapped on; it was not comfortable, at all...
No matter how hard I strapped up the waist, and chest; it was pulling my upper torso back the whole time. (If that makes any since; it was top, and back heavy. The load was not evenly distributed.).

If one decides to do something similar, I would definitely recommend a hard frame pack.

Old Yapper

LOL, that don't sound like much fun.
Draggin' fire wood up with you the whole way. My back, and legs just now started hurting just thinking about it.
No doubt if I had a way to keep a decent fire for a few hours a night; I would've stayed longer.
It's not fun....it's totally MISERABLE.
But it's efficient as you'd ever want................and wet clothes, wet shoes & socks, and anything wet can be cured by a great campfire.
And if you want to go "all modern" just use one of those lightweight aluminum luggage carriers with wheels like you see by the hundreds in the airports. Put the bag of wood on it and secure the bag with rope. Or use a cardboard box and then burn the box up in the fire.

asmooth13

It's not fun....it's totally MISERABLE.
But it's efficient as you'd ever want................and wet clothes, wet shoes & socks, and anything wet can be cured by a great campfire.
And if you want to go "all modern" just use one of those lightweight aluminum luggage carriers with wheels like you see by the hundreds in the airports. Put the bag of wood on it and secure the bag with rope. Or use a cardboard box and then burn the box up in the fire.

LOL, that's pretty crafty.

As I was driving around a good bit before I got up in there; I was wondering why so many people were selling firewood on the side of the road.
It didn't take long to realize why; after a short search for burning material.

Dialer

I was DEEP in Coopers creek forest this morning....seen a dark coyote, a few turkeys, but no bears.....

asmooth13

I was DEEP in Coopers creek forest this morning....seen a dark coyote, a few turkeys, but no bears.....

I jumped a big black pig on my way up the 2nd day.
I was about 15 yards from him when he started off.
Through the brush; all I could see was a big butt, and a portion of the hind legs bouncing up, and down.
Thought it was a bear at first.
Got the ol' adrenal gland going.

One he turned to look at me; at about 25 yards, saw it was a 250-275lb pig.

Glad he didn't want any.
I sure didn't.