New AR-15 Build - 6 MM ARC

menhadenman

I have been slammed with work, kids and house and never finished this...need to get back on it.
Sounds like we have a lot in common :LOL:

I have a few unfinished projects... and seem to only find time to order stuff for new ones. Got a few rifles wrapped up but still need to carve a day out for a few new ones I picked up over the last year. I have a short window before youth baseball and soccer starts.

Reactions: Dub

Tight Lines

Sounds like we have a lot in common :LOL:

I have a few unfinished projects... and seem to only find time to order stuff for new ones. Got a few rifles wrapped up but still need to carve a day out for a few new ones I picked up over the last year. I have a short window before youth baseball and soccer starts.
I have 3 ARs in process...need to get on it...but been hunting every spare minute...now that we are out of deer season I should be able to get them completed...

Tight Lines

IMG_9717.JPGIMG_9718.JPG
Starting the 6MM ARC build as well...figured out a few things...the trigger I bought before the upper and lower arrived won't fit...so now I have to order another trigger...barrel is here...charging handle on the way...stock and grip on the way...

Tight Lines

So here is the build sheet for this 6MM ARC thus far, very similar to the other AR-15 I'm building:

- V-Seven Weapons 2055 EX upper, lower, 16.5" hand guard, buffer tube
- V-Seven titanium (Ti) ambi safety, port cover, barrel nut, hand guard screws
- V-Seven Ti firing pin, upgraded cam pin
- Magpul stock, grip, hand grip
- Radian Weapons charging handle
- JP Rifles LMOS stainless BCG
- Compass Lake 6MM ARC 20" barrel, headspaced bolt, gas tube
- Lantac Ti takedown pins
- Precision Armament Hypertap muzzle device
- Superlative Arms adjustable gas block

Still need to get the buffer spring, trigger, bolt catch, mag release...and the thermal optic, optic mount, and a few odds and ends...

But this one is coming together as well...

Tight Lines

Well new trigger, buffer spring, bolt catch, mag release all ordered...so will be putting it together once all of that arrives...the optic and mount is basically all that is left...

Tight Lines

i need to order a trigger for one of mine...the factory trigger in it stinks.
I bought an Elftmann and it didn't fit, going in my son's next build. Ordered a 2-stage AR Gold. I hate the gold trigger, but I want to try one and I hear phenomenal things about them.

Tight Lines

i need to order a trigger for one of mine...the factory trigger in it stinks.
I absolutely love the Geissele High Speed National Match that I installed...it was easy, has 3 sets of springs, and I love the way it feels...have not shot it yet, just on the bench but I love it so far...uber adjustable...

Tight Lines

So everything is ordered except the thermal. Magazines ordered, scope mount ordered, everything else is here or on the way. So I am maybe a week or so away from having it assembled sans the thermal.