off to KY...from the tree updates

javelin225ho

good luck jimbo....that blue tongue had them hurt pretty bad in my area of Ky.....it took me to the last 10 minutes of the hunt to bag a doe and a 3pt'er.....had to take something home....

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well the doe left me after a half hour and was replaced by a button which ate for afew minutes and decided he really liked my corner better and just passed by me at a few feet. Just heard rain is in the forcast for tonight so maybe the big one will slip by before dark...just maybe

JasonF

JT, this is an awesome thread..quite entertaining!
Just remember that Bubba shot his buck yesterday around the 2 o'clock hour so be on your toes! Good luck man.

akmrue

I know it... he has seen more deer this week than I have seen in my life... and has only taken a doe.... grrr

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
JAson he shot he shot his at 1pm our time and yeah he textd me at 10 till and said "be ready its almost primetime". I have lots of things I wanna call him right now:D

Its 2 now and only three hours to go. Have 2 does bedded at the far end of the field but thats it for a while. The clouds have rolled in and the wind is up...its gonna get good so hold on.

ultramag

I still say you are going to get a good deer before dark..Kill Him Dude:cool::cool:Just keep your boots on..we dont want him smelling those feet:bounce::bounce: Remember what i said...In a split second it can happen..you have hunted hard..Do It JT!!

zman

go getum jt.:shoot::shoot: today is your day. you still got the horseshoe in deep.:bounce::bounce::rofl:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Hour to go! Just had a 130 8 missing a g2 come through. Have been steady movin all day. Gotta happen now!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well the curse is alive and Im out $1! I gave it everything I had and ended up seeing about 130 antlerless and 20 bucks today! The only bucks that didnt show were the big 8 that I passed on sunday and the 10 that did not give me a shot. At one time tonight I probably had 75 deer in front of me so yeah I had a blast!

Looks like my season will end with a fine IL 10 that is better than my wall so I call that a success. Next year.

shdw633

That's what makes deer hunting so great, there is always next year!! Glad you had a great time and thanks for the thread! Congrats again to Bubba on a great buck! You all have a safe trip home.

zman

good job jt and bubba. ya'll had a great yr. ya'll be safe on the trip home and looking forward to more pic's of bubba's beast. be safe and take care. oh yea bubba don't rub it in to much about the dollar bet.

K80

At least you gave it all you had, better luck next year. I was hoping you were going to take Bubba's money and keep his head from swelling to much. If next year is like the past two he won't be able to fit through a normal size door because of all the swelling.

I really enjoyed the updates from the stand!!!