Small Game Hunting Soon To Be Extinct

p&y finally

Simple fact is that we as ALL hunters need to stick together and watch out for eachother no matter if we only deer hunt or only small game hunt or both. Otherwise we will all be divided against eachother & PETA wins. I can understand the point of view from someone who only deer hunts to vote "lets extend the season, nothing to lose" without thinking thru the outcome to everyone else.
This is where DNR needs to step in and make an educated decision based on the facts vs votes. We all know that deer hunters out number all other hunters by a long shot, thus the average vote is going to be to extend the season.
We small game hunters are not asking for our season to be extended or altered, just to keep what little bit we have left. DNR took away the December break several years ago which took about 3 weeks away. Now were going to lose 2 more weeks if this goes thru. Where will it end?

Retired Army Guy

Simple fact is that we as ALL hunters need to stick together and watch out for eachother no matter if we only deer hunt or only small game hunt or both. Otherwise we will all be divided against eachother & PETA wins. I can understand the point of view from someone who only deer hunts to vote "lets extend the season, nothing to lose" without thinking thru the outcome to everyone else.
This is where DNR needs to step in and make an educated decision based on the facts vs votes. We all know that deer hunters out number all other hunters by a long shot, thus the average vote is going to be to extend the season.
We small game hunters are not asking for our season to be extended or altered, just to keep what little bit we have left. DNR took away the December break several years ago which took about 3 weeks away. Now were going to lose 2 more weeks if this goes thru. Where will it end?

AMEN!:clap::clap::clap:

Retired Army Guy

ALL Hunters need to see what is happening here. DOG HUNTING FOLKS ESPECIALLY!! Dog hunters are a prime target of PETA so they're loving this!! Just let the stupid hunters put them selves out of business!. Once small game is gone PETA will move on to the next type of hunting they wish to get rid of.

Us hunters as a whole are a MINORITY! (LESS THAN 10% of the American Population hunts!) So before you deer hunting only folks (including DNR people) get all full of your selves because you are the majority in the hunting world and push the small gamers out of business remember this... You ARE the MINORITY in the over all population and when small game is gone YOU ARE NEXT on the chopping block!! Bow Hunting is right after dog hunting on the PETA hit list!

DNR-LAW MAKERS you need to be doing every thing you can to promote hunting & hunting opportunities of every shape, type & form of hunting. Not eliminating or greatly restricting them because they're the minority!

EVERY HUNTER YOU PUSH OUT OF HUNTING IS ONE LESS HUNTER & ONE STEP CLOSER TO A NON HUNTING COUNTRY!

Last edited:

GTHunter007

ALL Hunters need to see what is happening here. DOG HUNTING FOLKS ESPECIALLY!! Dog hunters are a prime target of PETA so they're loving this!! Just let the stupid hunters put them selves out of business!. Once small game is gone PETA will move on to the next type of hunting they wish to get rid of.

Us hunters as a whole are a MINORITY! (LESS THAN 10% of the American Population hunts!) So before you deer hunting only folks (including DNR people) get all full of your selves because you are the majority in the hunting world and push the small gamers out of business remember this... You ARE the MINORITY in the over all population and when small game is gone YOU ARE NEXT on the chopping block!! Bow Hunting is right after dog hunting on the PETA hit list!

DNR-LAW MAKERS you need to be doing every thing you can to promote hunting & hunting opportunities of every shape, type & form of hunting. Not eliminating or greatly restricting them because they're the minority!

EVERY HUNTER YOU PUSH OUT OF HUNTING IS ONE LESS HUNTER & ONE STEP CLOSER TO A NON HUNTING COUNTRY!

So you are telling me that GA extending its deer season into January for the Northern zone, and the December break going away and deer hunting lasting all of December...is a PETA goal and result? Come on man...:crazy:

Feist man

So you are telling me that GA extending its deer season into January for the Northern zone, and the December break going away and deer hunting lasting all of December...is a PETA goal and result? Come on man...:crazy:

No he didn't say it was PETA's goal. He is saying it will bring PETA one step closer to their goal.

GTHunter007

No he didn't say it was PETA's goal. He is saying it will bring PETA one step closer to their goal.

It's a delusional statement. Small game hunting does not lose hunting dates as far as a know nothin PETA freak would understand...but by adding to the length of time you can kill a deer we get them closer to a goal. COME ON MAN!:banginghe If that statement is not a stretch...I don't know what is.

What a PETA moron sees: They have "x" amount of days to kill peter cotton tail and Rocky. HOW DARE THEY add 2 more weeks of opportunity to kill Bambi too :cry: In PETA's eyes...this is a loss.

rosewood

I do have to agree with P&Y. We have to stick together even if we don't all agree on what or how to hunt. Much like gun owners should stick together. Our rights are being stolen by the left wing nuts all the time and we must stand our ground or we will lose those rights.

GTHunter007

I do have to agree with P&Y. We have to stick together even if we don't all agree on what or how to hunt. Much like gun owners should stick together. Our rights are being stolen by the left wing nuts all the time and we must stand our ground or we will lose those rights.

You think the point of this thread, the debate and back and forth between small game and deer guys on extended deer season is an example of our rights being stolen by the left?? :banginghe

rosewood

You think the point of this thread, the debate and back and forth between small game and deer guys on extended deer season is an example of our rights being stolen by the left?? :banginghe

Not at all. I said we should stick together even if we don't agree on what and how to hunt. Healthy debate is good, just don't let it divide us as hunters.

I do know of a gun range that was Cowboy only shooters and when IPSCA and others started shooting there, they got mad and left and all but stopped the shoots there because some didn't want anyone that didn't shoot like them there. Guess they didn't want to share.