What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliBubba

Late post... drove around Redlands WMA Monday to figure out possible places to hunt. Found some promising "hunt camps" to start scouting.

dang

DANG !!!
Shot 3 arrows. Did a double check of my gear list and worked on getting my tote organized before it lives in the truck for the season. Checked the thermacell, headlamp batteries. Pack is ready to go, tote and bow case are almost ready….it’s getting close….I can feel it….3 more sleeps!

deast1988

Ordered some binoculars, goin to try the Leupold Guide x4s

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Bagged up and vacuum sealed about 14 lbs of Q I cooked last night. That's so dinner at camp is only a few minutes in the microwave away when we come in at dark.

mrskinner82

Won’t be starting my season this weekend kinda bummed. Did a little target practice today. Next thing I know I punched myself in the face. Bow string snapped on me. Gonna be 3 weeks or so before I can get a new string. Local bow shop is swamped. String dealer can’t make them fast enough they say. Guess it’s better to have happened at home then 20ft up a tree! Double check your gear my friends. Good luck this weekend.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Won’t be starting my season this weekend kinda bummed. Did a little target practice today. Next thing I know I punched myself in the face. Bow string snapped on me. Gonna be 3 weeks or so before I can get a new string. Local bow shop is swamped. String dealer can’t make them fast enough they say. Guess it’s better to have happened at home then 20ft up a tree! Double check your gear my friends. Good luck this weekend.

Dang that sux.

ditchdoc24

Shot my bow this morning and adjusted my sights for my new heavier arrow setup. Unfortunately I had several of my inserts that slipped. Looks like I need to change the epoxy I use. Good news is that I had enough arrows that shot well so I have something to hunt with. Bad news is that I have to work opening weekend of bow season. I guess those arrows will still shoot good next week when I'm able to get in the woods.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
How far are you from a bass pro or cabelas?

Deerhunter12454

Went down yesterday planning to get a bunch of stuff done, but the rain for 2 hours kinda squashed that. Rained hard for 2 hours, creeks were flowing hard and everything was soaked. Shot my bow at 40 and 50 yards and the 200 grain field was flying through the target. Put out a few bags of feed. STILL can’t find one of my dads tactacam she put out somewhere and it’s driving me up a wall.

Attachments

• 3B2E7EED-B234-40CF-9C90-FBB0E310ECCD.jpeg
    3B2E7EED-B234-40CF-9C90-FBB0E310ECCD.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 4601FBD1-696B-45DC-86DD-2A95D733901C.jpeg
    4601FBD1-696B-45DC-86DD-2A95D733901C.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 16

dang

DANG !!!
Shot the bow at 30, 40 and 50. Did some maintenance work around one of my feeders. Going through the rest of my gear tonight and tomorrow and getting climbers out and packed up. Two more sleeps! Hang in there y’all, it’s almost here!

dang

DANG !!!
Packed the truck and took one final shot with the bow. Buddy is on his way to the house now. How blessed are we?! See y’all out there in the AM. One more snooze!

slow motion

Hooked up the equipment trailer and loaded tractor. Gonna plow and plant a plot tomorrow. Army worms gotta eat too. Loaded crossbow and hunting gear in the truck.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’m hunting. Does that count??

Status
Not open for further replies.