What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #5

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Another possum! Train station getting a little smelly! 5 coons and 4 possums this year no wonder hen turkeys come through the yard with no polts. Neighbors hen doesn’t stand a chance
Good job
How many traps ?

Gbr5pb

Use the one live trap that was sitting on uncles porch when he passed in 2004. Guess it was my inheritance. I’ve probably caught at least 50 with it within sight of the house

slow motion

Do this often but I pulled up lease on huntstand app with wind direction and thought about stand placement. When there's an odd directional wind helps me plan a what if stand or blind placement. Had a lot of south wind last year that I wasn't prepared for. Roughly 6 months to go. Much to do.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Worked on more habitat improvement and TSI. Found some buck poop in areas I’ve already set up so that’s encouraging.

This reminds me there is now a service available that you send deer poop samples for analysis. It tells you what your deer need in their diet.
Not cheap.

ditchdoc24

Moved my hog trap and camera to a different spot since the hogs in the other spot won’t go in. I also helped the landowner set up and fill a feeder. Looks like I’m going to be doing some night time sits with the rifle and thermal since those hogs don’t want to go in the trap. I also interrupted a gobbler and a hen who were busy working on creating the next generation on the side of a dirt road as I was headed to the property.

Attachments

• IMG_5162.jpeg
    IMG_5162.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5160.jpeg
    IMG_5160.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 16