What did you do today that’s related to deer hunting #5

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Because they are an invasive, from Asia. One of those I planted back in 1994, I started watching close back about 5 years ago. That tree was most prolific, and I let it do its business. The young trees sprouting off the parent tree acted just like privet. They grew up thick, real thick. Not a real surprise since they both came from the same continent. When I saw that I remedied my mistake. Now i just double my efforts in planting swamp chestnut oaks, live oaks, persimmons, hog plums, and crabapples. Trees that are native to this country.

True, most of these don`t grow near as fast as the invasives, but I`m in no hurry, and even if I don`t get to profit from them, later generations will. And the wild game will also benefit. I prefer to be a good steward of the land.
For the one that I have, it is forevermore the fastest growing Oak that I have ever seen. 17 years ago, it was as big as my wrist. Today I can't wrap my arms around it and its limbs grew so far out, they were within 4' of touching the ground.

BluewaterFever

Making plans to head up to camp this weekend.
Fire pit, good food and relax.
Mrs. Fever has had a tough time for the past few months with her sister passing in October and our pup that was with us for the past 15+ years a few weeks back, tough times.
Probably pull some cams, check the tract that was cut a few weeks ago, maybe burn a few food plots and get ready to put some seed down in mid-April. Whatever else that might need tending to.

slow motion

Checked the wind direction in relation to stand locations on the app again. Gotta think morning and evening. They will probably come from a different direction than I expect though.

Latest posts