What happened to the good 'ol days DRIVELER # 335.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
While visiting the coal mimes for my company I spent a week in Harlan Kentucky one night. Met some very good tough people there.

I grew up next door in Pike County. Pikeville, the county seat, is where they hung cotton top in the Hatfield and McCoy feud.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Up for my 3:30 water dispersement.Think I will have a cup of java and think a spell about growing up with the privilege they talk about on tv My privelege extended as far as my daddys belt,cutting grass,trimming bushes,washing and drying the dishes,hoeing the garden,shelling peas and beans,shucking corn,.....I like my privelege...just didn,t know it or appreciate it at the time

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
So hazy only the brightest stars and two planets showing in the sky this morning.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good morning folks...

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
dw and Ruger and bloodbro. (y)

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Good Morning to all of you members of the Driveler Nation.

BLOOD, I hope that you had a wonderful time celebrating your birthday with family yesterday too. :cheers:

I have enjoyed going back in this thread to catch up from post #1 and I am so thankful that I see a lot of you are just like me as I appreciate my "roots". I am also very thankful that my parents raised me to know right from wrong and they taught me how to make lifelong friends by treating them with the utmost kindness and respect. It is wonderful that my Daughter has also followed in my footsteps as she also has the same type of "life goals" as I have had along life's pathway. She continues to amaze me how she handles her workload and life in general as she makes me so proud of her and her husband.

So far this morning, I've been a busy camper for sure as I have washed and dried 4 loads of clothes and completed all of that by 6 AM this morning. I also ate breakfast, paid all of the incoming bills from yesterday, went by the post office, read the newspaper and saw lots of photos and stories about stupid idiots stranded and/or floating along in the flooded areas all over Augusta yesterday. Now, I'm sitting her trying to catch up on my business paperwork.

I hope that all of you will have a good day today and a safe one.

By the way, 32° F will be here before you know it !!!! :cheers:

Core Lokt

Mornin eryoone!!

Blue skies are starting to show for the first time in 3 days.

The madness has started. The crowds are flooding to the lake to look for the teal that aren't there and the few that were have been run off by all the boat traffic. Early WD and teal starts tomorrow.

Redbow

My Grandparents raised me and my Mom when she wasn't working to help support us all. My Grandmother was a very strict disciplinarian and she wasn't mean she just meant what she said. My Mom was the same way her mother was. Grandpa, well not unless he had to apply discipline when a situation really got out of hand he would handle it. Most kids I knew back in the fifties were raised the way I was. When you needed a stick or a belt on your backside you got it. The stick was free and didn't cost the people that raised me anything, not like today when kids get drugs for their behavior.

The thing I miss the most about the old days is people don't care for each other like we used to yesterday, not even families do. Even if you live close to others how many of your neighbors do you really know? Most don't want to know you or have anything to do with you, just a few show that they really appreciate a good neighbor these days. Back in the day every Sunday afternoon when the weather was good our yard way out in the country and back in the sticks sometimes had 20 to 30 kin and neighbors just sitting around talking and socializing with each other. Often we had cold drinks or made home made ice cream for everyone...I hear people say well, times change. That may be true but the way I see it is people change more than time does, and that's not good IMO for anyone or the world we live in.. Times change, yeah but not for the better as the days we live in today are now showing..

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Morning y’all. Took dog for an extended walk. Think I’ll ride down to Dublin to the trapping convention.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good mornin folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.