strut zones

greenhead84

When yall find strut zones, what do yall typically find in the way of drag marks, especially in the leaves? What do they look like exactly? Just a hypothetical situation:biggrin2:

Last edited:

Brad

Its normally pretty hard to find them in the leaves. I normally find them in sandy areas. They look like someone drew lines in the middle of the sand. Im not trying to be smart but its hard to explain. sometimes you see the track in the middle of drag marks on each side. If its a wide sandy area alot of times it will be in almost a circle as he pirouettes around. The best advice I can give you is to get a wing or the Primos real wing and drag it in the sand and that will give you a good idea of what to look for. Either way when you see it you will know it.

Killdee

They get easier to see as the season progress's due to wearing out the ends of their wings and the quills leave a better drag mark.

BOWKILL

I think the best way to find a strut zone is to listen...when you hear a bird gobble in the same spot for an hour without moving...he's in a spot that he feels comfortable in and can usually see a long way, a "strut zone".
Go to that spot the next morning early and set up...it's a lot easier to call a bird in the direction he wants to go.