A wheeler co. thread

fountain

how many we got hunting in wheeler this year? let's get a thread started for us in God's country!!

GEORGIA-HAMMER64

wall hanger

Saw him about 7:30 this mourning couldnt get a good shot at him ,but me and kevin are going to try and. get him this evening.

snuffy

I have been hunting Wheeler for about 10 years.
Is this Ted Fountain?

James

fountain

nope tj foutnain, terrry fountian's son.

i am having a crappy season so far. we are seeing no sign and no deer. everyone else i talk to seem to be seeing a lot of deer. i have heard of several big deer killed since sat. all say necks are swelling and tarsal glands smelling pretty good.

snuffy

I havent been down yet.
Am going to the races this weekend, but I will call John and see how our group has been doing and let ya'll know.

snuffy

Talked to our club president today and he said they didn't see anything but does last weekend.
We are off Snow Hill Church Rd.

GEORGIA-HAMMER64

Saw the first buck chasing does this evening but ive always killed the bigger bucks from nov 10 through 17 but thats just my 2 cents.

GEORGIA-HAMMER64

Called in two nice bucks this evening most people would have shot them but theres to many big trees rubbed to shoot them .This cold spell has gotten them pumped up so go ahead and start grunting and heat bleating to them you might be suprised with the results.

GEORGIA-HAMMER64

Saw 4 bucks this mourning 3 were chasing a doe all over the field while old big boy stood at the end of the field and watched about 500 yards from my tower stand then finally just walked away into the woods.

fountain

hey unkie wayne, got him this morning in the clear cut. not the biggest one in the woods but my personal best. good thing i did too, because i had some "visitors" come over today. the clear cut hunting is temporarily postponed, until next week!!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ve always had good luck with ruttin` bucks in Wheeler County between the last week in October, and the first week in November.

fountain

the only ones i got of him right after i killed him are on my phone. i still have the whole head at the house. may bring it to work mon.

snuffy

Hi Guys
I am comming down Friday morning for the first time.
Yall been any mor this week?
Fountain do you have pictures of the one you got?

James

fountain

i have some on the deer hunting section. search for " wheeler co. deer". it has my deer and 2 the my wife's father killed. they are starting to get going i think. i am going to take off 3 days next week and hit it hard. ol' hammer took the whole month off!!