Handgun Scopes

willec

I'm converting my TC encore into a handgun. I'll be shooting a 15 inch 7mm-08 barrel. I need some advise on what scope to purchase for this combo. I'll be using the rifle inside 100yards for whitetail deer.

Give me your suggestions

Thanks

ATLRoach

I'm shooting a 2-7x32 Burris on mine.

Prohunter.jpg

Last edited:

cmshoot

I use a Burris 2X Posi-lock on my TC Contender with a Super 14 barrel in .375 Winchester. Great medicine on Ohio whitetail.

Davexx1

The handguns scopes have a very tiny field of view and poor light gathering qualities and I found them to be much of a handicap when hunting inside the tree line, down in the woods, etc. where light is not bright early in the morning and late in the afternoon. In low light conditions it is very difficult to pick up a deer moving especially when the deer is fairly close by.

It is for these reasons that I put a good quality red dot scope on my 7x30 Contender. I bought an UltraDot brand 30mm red dot scope with the smallest red dot they had available. This has proven to be a very good close to medium range deer hunting scope for a handgun or any gun for that matter.

At longer range the dot will cover up some of the target but for deer hunting out to about 150 yards, I have not yet found this to be a problem.

Dave1

willec

Thanks everyone I found a Nikon monarch 2-7 X 28mm for 229.00, has anyone every used them. I've also considered the Leupold for around 300.00.

DaveXX1 I have a 30mm red dot on my 835 turkey gun I may try it on the TC to see if I like it. I'm assuming that if the reddot can hold up to Mag turkey loads it should work for a 7mm-08

pcsolutions1

I also have an Ultra Dot red dot on my .44 mag ruger and it is great. I just looked at it and there is no model number. I have found it great up to 100 yards at the range though I would not try it on game at that range.

Tom