See ya Brice Ramsey

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
As far as what I said, I never said Lawrence could come in and take the field over Eason now. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you start typing stuff. What I said was "this kid was further along as an overall qb as a sophomore than Eason was a senior season, and it doesn't take an NFL scout to see it."

Really.. Make sure I know what I'm talking about before I start typing stuff? You said the kid was further along? Actually, you said this..

I'm a UGA fan, but Lawrence is better than both of the QBs UGA currently has.

And all I did was quote it.. It doesn't take an NFL scout to know broad statements like ^^this^^ are, well, stupid.

across the river

Really.. Make sure I know what I'm talking about before I start typing stuff? You said the kid was further along? Actually, you said this..

I said he was further along as a sophomore, than Eason was as a senior, and he was. He will be way further along as a senior than Eason was coming out of high school. It is easy to see. I don't understand how you are confused, and if you actually watched a game either of them played you could see it too. Did I say he would walk into UGA next year and start the first game as a freshman over a guy going into his third year, no. He probably has never taken a ball from under center other than a victory formation. All variables being equal, Lawrence is better.

And all I did was quote it.. It doesn't take an NFL scout to know broad statements like ^^this^^ are, well, stupid.

So if I said DeShaun Watson is a better quarterback than Tom Savage, that would be a stupid statement? I'm not saying De Shaun Watson will walk into Houston and start over Tom Savage who has been in the league for years, but overall he is better. If Lawrence, Eason, and Fromm had graduating in the same class and gone to the same school at the same time, Lawrence would be out the other two easily. To say he is "scared" of the to UGA has on there roster is crazy. Don't bother replying, because I won't respond. Yu just like to argue without providing anything of any substance, and I have better things to do that bother with you on the internet.

Browning Slayer

So if I said DeShaun Watson is a better quarterback than Tom Savage, that would be a stupid statement? I'm not saying De Shaun Watson will walk into Houston and start over Tom Savage who has been in the league for years, but overall he is better. If Lawrence, Eason, and Fromm had graduating in the same class and gone to the same school at the same time, Lawrence would be out the other two easily. To say he is "scared" of the to UGA has on there roster is crazy. Don't bother replying, because I won't respond. Yu just like to argue without providing anything of any substance, and I have better things to do that bother with you on the internet.

If you want to compare the 2 you might want to look at their actual stats before assuming you know what you're talking about. Since Lawrence is a Junior, you can compare the 2 at that age. Trevor also started as a freshman while Eason didn't so that would give Trevor an advantage but yet, Eason had a better QB rating than Trevor. Actually Trevor's numbers went down in his Junior season. And if you want, you can compare Fromm's stats. He was below either of them but had very comparable numbers.

There is no arguing. You made a stupid statement and I called you out on it. End of story. You said Trevor is better than ANY QB at UGA and that is not true. Trevor is a high school kid and you are wanting to compare him to a 2nd year starter in the SEC. You are comparing apples to the price of tea in China.

Matthew6

Banned thug
If you want to compare the 2 you might want to look at their actual stats before assuming you know what you're talking about. Since Lawrence is a Junior, you can compare the 2 at that age. Trevor also started as a freshman while Eason didn't so that would give Trevor an advantage but yet, Eason had a better QB rating than Trevor. Actually Trevor's numbers went down in his Junior season. And if you want, you can compare Fromm's stats. He was below either of them but had very comparable numbers.

There is no arguing. You made a stupid statement and I called you out on it. End of story. You said Trevor is better than ANY QB at UGA and that is not true. Trevor is a high school kid and you are wanting to compare him to a 2nd year starter in the SEC. You are comparing apples to the price of tea in China.

eason has to step it up to win the heisman and lead to dogs to a NC as YOU and ELFIII have predicted. :rofl:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Make sure you know what you are talking about before you start typing stuff.

In this forum, on this message board? You ask entirely too much. Lower your expectations. :bounce:

across the river

In this forum, on this message board? You ask entirely too much. Lower your expectations. :bounce:

Your right, I don't know what I was thinking. I have read enough "I shot a buck through the heart with my 7mag and he ran 3 miles before I lost him" threads in the deer hunting forum, and enough "I called in this rudy duck and hooded merganser with my $130 RNT mallard call" over in the waterfowl forum to know the insanity would surely carry over to the sports forum as well.

Browning Slayer

Your right, I don't know what I was thinking. I have read enough "I shot a buck through the heart with my 7mag and he ran 3 miles before I lost him" threads in the deer hunting forum, and enough "I called in this rudy duck and hooded merganser with my $130 RNT mallard call" over in the waterfowl forum to know the insanity would surely carry over to the sports forum as well.

It sure did come over to the Sports Forum and you brought some of it with you..

lbzdually

Banned
UGA is trending for Matt Corral, a 5 star from California. If UGA gets him or Fields, I'll take back everything I said about QB recruiting.

lbzdually

Banned
C'mon Jeff... We all know Ramsey is the best recruit Kirby is going to get.. I mean, heck, look at what Bama's class looks like. Ol Snook even started another thread about how Saban has fallen off the wagon..

I didn't say Ramsey was the best recruit Smart was going to get, I said it was his best recruiting job this year at QB so far, and considering there is no other QB committed for 2018, that is absolutely true. If he pulls Fields, Corral, or another blue chip QB, then that changes everything. If UGA wins this year, that will greatly influence who comes to UGA. Another 8-5 year will kill any recruiting momentum from 2016 or 2017.

Showtime

Banned
UGA is trending for Matt Corral, a 5 star from California. If UGA gets him or Fields, I'll take back everything I said about QB recruiting.

For the offense they claim to want to run, Corral would be awesome. He's a bigger Aaron Murray IMO. :cheers:

GA native

Laugh all you want I know a little about the qb position and what I am seeing is inaccurate outs and deeper balls, like not even close, and very similar to last year. Did not really mean to compare 1 v 2, just mainly more of what was painful to watch last year seems to have not been corrected.
So the Freshman has quicker feet, better footwork and aquicker release at this point, which is huge with a mediocre line in front of him.

The offensive line is what it all boils down to for me.

We had one of the best stable of RB's in the country last year, but the line couldn't clear a path. Eason might have had better composure. Eason might have made better throws. But Eason spent most of the season running from the thundering herd. And picking dirt out of his helmet.

If we can grow an O-line, we have a good shot at the East title.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

GA native

I was being funny with my 1st sentence but I was dead serious about the 2nd. :cheers:

Some folks played football in little league and somehow think they actually know more about the game and recruiting then the folks that actually get paid to do it.

Fire this.. Fire that.. Bobo needs to go.. Richt has lost control of the program.. Blah.. Blah.. Blah...facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:

Bobo could never control the clock. His offense spent three minutes on the field on average. It was either three minutes and some points. Or three minutes and a punt. At some point, an offense needs to put it down in 2nd gear and grind out the clock.

I was glad to see him go. Still am as I look at Colorado St.'s record.

creekrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA native View Post
The offensive line is what it all boils down to for me.
This. ^

On any level of football

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't see how we can expect the O line to be much better early on. Gonna be a lot of new faces there, who have not played a down together. I would expect to see them improve as the season progresses.