10/14 am

Dupree

So I pulled out my grunt call and hit it a couple of times. Put it back in my vest and saw a buck pop up on the knob in front of Wesley. He got behind some stuff then trotted over to our ridge. He shot and the buck dropped and rolled down the hill. After a couple of minutes I could hear him trying to get up in the bottom. We hurried and got to where we could see him and Wesley put one behind his shoulder. He hit him high the first shot and the deer likely would have gotten up and never been seen again. Here’s a pick of the buck and our ground set up. We are going to sit here until around 9, then drag him out and take him to the check station. IMG_1146.jpegIMG_1148.jpeg

slow motion

So I pulled out my grunt call and hit it a couple of times. Put it back in my vest and saw a buck pop up on the knob in front of Wesley. He got behind some stuff then trotted over to our ridge. He shot and the buck dropped and rolled down the hill. After a couple of minutes I could hear him trying to get up in the bottom. We hurried and got to where we could see him and Wesley put one behind his shoulder. He hit him high the first shot and the deer likely would have gotten up and never been seen again. Here’s a pick of the buck and our ground set up. We are going to sit here until around 9, then drag him out and take him to the check station. View attachment 1261537View attachment 1261535
Congratulations to him on a fine buck.

rugerfan

Thought I just heard a soft grunt, but I am not sure if it was or not.

hunter922jr

So I pulled out my grunt call and hit it a couple of times. Put it back in my vest and saw a buck pop up on the knob in front of Wesley. He got behind some stuff then trotted over to our ridge. He shot and the buck dropped and rolled down the hill. After a couple of minutes I could hear him trying to get up in the bottom. We hurried and got to where we could see him and Wesley put one behind his shoulder. He hit him high the first shot and the deer likely would have gotten up and never been seen again. Here’s a pick of the buck and our ground set up. We are going to sit here until around 9, then drag him out and take him to the check station. View attachment 1261537View attachment 1261535
Congratulations!