Changes proposed for hunting seasons

Sixes

Sorry, but you cannot preach ethics and great woodsmanship and then brag about head shots with an unrested revolver and purposeful spine shots.

A spine shot might actually be the most unethical shot in the field. It MIGHT kill one instantly, but it's been my EXPERIENCE, that spine shot deer do not die instantly and either need a follow up as they try and crawl off (bleating in pain) or their throat cut.

A spine shot on purpose if nothing more than cruelty.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Sorry, but you cannot preach ethics and great woodsmanship and then brag about head shots with an unrested revolver and purposeful spine shots.

A spine shot might actually be the most unethical shot in the field. It MIGHT kill one instantly, but it's been my EXPERIENCE, that spine shot deer do not die instantly and either need a follow up as thet try and crawl off (bleating in pain) or their throat cut.

And would not be allowed at my camp doing so.

Want to see my son, turn to page 60 in this months GON and look for Wilkes County. But he shot it on a Powerline, with food plots, a feeder and multiple mineral stations so it probably doesn't count.. But hey, he's only 14 and was hunting by himself...
323317510_895709801451661_9205198713966318793_n.jpg

He shot this one the year before but it was with a cross bow.. So it probably doesn't count either.. But he was only 13...
248549259_4418419831583005_4108958485599295089_n.jpg

He shot this 8 when he was 11.. But it can't count either cause food plots, feeders and minerals were around.

75474115_2513114535446887_2288589455570763776_n.jpg

His 1st buck at age 8... I guess this one we can count cause it was in hardwoods.. ;)

14908346_1131062070318814_2633736985177376363_n.jpg

I'm real glad folks like YOU don't dictate how I raise my son and how we hunt and manage our land.
That’s what it’s all about right there ! Look at the smiles on those faces ! Those memories will last a lifetime !
Bass happy it’s great you got into hunting and have spent all this time learning and practicing etc. I have now hunted for 42 years. I still learn stuff to do this day about deer hunting. I will always learn new things because I thirst to know it. Glad you’re getting your kids involved as that’s important. Forcing you beliefs upon us with so little experience and knowledge of the facts is not the way to go about this.. what you are entitled to is your opinion and doing what you want with in the law we can agree to disagree on that. You have posted some things that aren’t facts and couple things you was dishonest about. Your past history proved that. I’m not gonna go copy and past it here just to prove me right and you wrong. I read it I seen it it’s there. You talk down so much about bait yet you use bait your self to fish and electronics even though you said you don’t . Those are the things I do not like you did and wish you would be more realistic and honest with yourself and us . Gloating about a head shot spine shot all this other stuff is better left unsaid . That’s it the rest you do keep it up …

lampern

A spine shot might actually be the most unethical shot in the field. It MIGHT kill one instantly, but it's been my EXPERIENCE, that spine shot deer do not die instantly and either need a follow up as they try and crawl off (bleating in pain) or their throat cut.

Deer aren't guaranteed to die instantly no matter where you shoot them.

lampern

Nitpick much?

I would say you must be a spine shooter, but I really do not think that you even hunt.

Nitpick?

If its legal, why do we care where other people shoot a deer to kill it?

If somebody is purposefully wounding or injuring deer to make them suffer thats a different story.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Nitpick?

If somebody is purposefully wounding or injuring deer to make them suffer thats a different story.
When you have to mercy kill a deer(s) with its bottom jaw blown off due to a idiotic wannabe "sniper", then you will understand.

Sixes

Nitpick?

I am actually one of those that do not care how someone hunts until they come on here being condescending about other ways to hunt.

Purposely spine shooting (which he stated) WILL lead to wounding and injuring a deer.

I do not think there should be a ML season, but guess what, I do not care what someone hunts with and I do not come on here and try and insult their way of hunting.

Sixes

Lampern,

Kidney shots are 100% lethal and a legal shot.

Are you fine with someone purposely aiming for the kidneys?

Or the Femoral artery running up the back leg. It's 100% lethal.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
yea, it did take off on a tangent :bounce:

It's like the cowboy that jumped up on his horse and rode off in all directions. :bounce:

basshappy

BANNED
Want to see my son, turn to page 60 in this months GON and look for Wilkes County. But he shot it on a Powerline, with food plots, a feeder and multiple mineral stations so it probably doesn't count.. But hey, he's only 14 and was hunting by himself...
323317510_895709801451661_9205198713966318793_n.jpg

He shot this one the year before but it was with a cross bow.. So it probably doesn't count either.. But he was only 13...
248549259_4418419831583005_4108958485599295089_n.jpg

He shot this 8 when he was 11.. But it can't count either cause food plots, feeders and minerals were around.

75474115_2513114535446887_2288589455570763776_n.jpg

His 1st buck at age 8... I guess this one we can count cause it was in hardwoods.. ;)

14908346_1131062070318814_2633736985177376363_n.jpg

I'm real glad folks like YOU don't dictate how I raise my son and how we hunt and manage our land.

Good stuff there. Congrats to him and you! Don't understand the point of your post as I don't think anyone was talking about kids hunting? I could throw up pics of my boy doing his first oil change at age 7 under my van, or rocking onstage with Poison at age 6, or changing rotors & wheel bearings & shocks at age 10, or earning a handful of Georgia Youth Angler Awards through his young years ... but don't see how any of that pertains to baiting deer / transmission of CWD / and most recently head shots on deer?

basshappy

BANNED
When you have to mercy kill a deer(s) with its bottom jaw blown off due to a idiotic wannabe "sniper", then you will understand.

For every 1 deer you have to snipe due to poor shot placement how many thousands drop as a result of correct shot placement?

By the way many hired to cull deer aim for one target that drops them instantly. That's correct, the head. Followed by the spine. The anatomy of a deer is known. It isn't changing faster that we are watching and learning. That spine, that brain, that heart and lungs are exactly where you expect them to be. Occam's Razor exists because well it does. You can choose not to take those shots and that is okay for you. Interesting how you judge others though who do take those shots.

Browning Slayer

but don't see how any of that pertains to baiting deer / transmission of CWD / and most recently head shots on deer?
It pertains to your inexperience on
D: All ^THE^ ABOVE.

My 14 year old has killed more deer than you and has enough sense not to shoot a deer in the spine or head.

As far as baiting/deer transmission, blah.. blah.. blah..
You've NEVER improved a deers habitat so again. My 14 year knows more.

basshappy

BANNED
You talk down so much about bait yet you use bait your self to fish and electronics even though you said you don’t . Those are the things I do not like you did and wish you would be more realistic and honest with yourself and us . Gloating about a head shot spine shot all this other stuff is better left unsaid . That’s it the rest you do keep it up …

Feel free to post here or message me the bait thing you keep referring to? Are you referring to artificial lures as bait? Or catching a bluegill and using it as bait? But how are either apples to apples with baiting deer? Wouldn't the analogy be more correct like those who bait catfish by dumping dog food / rice etc. in one spot and then fishing over it? And the electronics? The only thing I can think of is pointing fisherman to the Deeper Fish Finder to see below the surface of the water. Which we did do to map our pond to see the depth and any stumps, logs, structure etc when we first got the property. And my boy when fish weren't biting used to look at it as we yaked around ponds. But quite frankly dragging it around paddling slow enough so he could see the pond was a real pain more than anything. He knows lures in the water and topology of surrounding land equal landing fish more than paddling around staring at a screen. LOL And we also have cell cameras up to be alerted to trespassers on our land. We certainly enjoy watching Mother Nature in the wild. We just got a clip of a bobcat and a fox on our land a couple weeks back!

Browning Slayer

basshappy

BANNED
It pertains to your inexperience on
D: All ^THE^ ABOVE.

My 14 year old has killed more deer than you and has enough sense not to shoot a deer in the spine or head.

As far as baiting/deer transmission, blah.. blah.. blah..
You've NEVER improved a deers habitat so again. My 14 year knows more.

You don't know anything about what I have or have not done to improve deer habitat. But how is that germaine to shot placement or baiting? Doesn't seem to be a correlation.

However, if it helps, here's a recent pic of some prescribed burning which incidentally I understand does improves deer habitat. Hmm...
20230116_160256_copy_1843x1037.jpg

Browning Slayer

You don't know anything about what I have or have not done to improve deer habitat. But how is that germaine to shot placement or baiting? Doesn't seem to be a correlation.

However, if it helps, here's a recent pic of some prescribed burning which incidentally I understand does improves deer habitat. Hmm...
View attachment 1205254
Sure it wasn't to improve YOUR habitat and not the deers. I have a budget just for "deer".. ;)
93598150-E534-4EA4-B930-387C49CD315A.jpeg

Feel free to post here or message me the bait thing you keep referring to? Are you referring to artificial lures as bait? Or catching a bluegill and using it as bait? But how are either apples to apples with baiting deer? Wouldn't the analogy be more correct like those who bait catfish by dumping dog food / rice etc. in one spot and then fishing over it? And the electronics? The only thing I can think of is pointing fisherman to the Deeper Fish Finder to see below the surface of the water. Which we did do to map our pond to see the depth and any stumps, logs, structure etc when we first got the property. And my boy when fish weren't biting used to look at it as we yaked around ponds. But quite frankly dragging it around paddling slow enough so he could see the pond was a real pain more than anything. He knows lures in the water and topology of surrounding land equal landing fish more than paddling around staring at a screen. LOL And we also have cell cameras up to be alerted to trespassers on our land. We certainly enjoy watching Mother Nature in the wild. We just got a clip of a bobcat and a fox on our land a couple weeks back!
Not attacking you in no way. Your coming. Off to be a naturalist and learn the land hunt wind etc.. which is fine good legal. However you can’t play both sides of thee fence and say I don’t bait because xyz and then use cell cameras fishing electronics and boast about head shots spine shots and all this practicing you do etc. ever slap one of us has mad bad hits spine gut you name it happens. However I don’t see very many rant about being ethical morals and all that why doing those things either. I am no one to judge either and not putting myself on a pedestal I am far from that.. surely you know the way this comes off and sounds don’t you ? Or do you ? We all keep pointing these things into them you either deflect to something else or justify your actions by this or that.. if you can see any of this by all means you may be in denial your even doing it and see it as normal…

Nitpick?

Most of those don’t use ethics on the same sentence as head shots either or with a revolver lol