The little one! JT, Bubba, Qturn and Blu 3 days Live From The Tree IL & SC

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Back on stand for my first live hunt of the year!

Since I was in a hurry and running out of light I did sumn different. I'm in a tiny finger of woods that runs between 2 big woodlots. This thing is no more than 50 wide and I'm in an old ladder right in the middle. I have standing browned beans behind me and a huge cut corn field beyond that. Acorns are steady falling. Can't get a location pic to load yet.

I have never hunted this stand that I remember and I don't have a safety in. The tree is covered in poison and I'm bad allergic so not wrapping arms around it. Y'all keep em crossed for me.

Bubba is in his freak ladder...where he killed freak last October. It is a little flooded ticket with a massive willow thicket on one side and standing beans on the other.

He sent me this....everything around me is rubbed and a huge wet scrape beside the biggest rub!....Freak II bring yo fine self on out here!

Y'all hang on!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Baby buck chasing 3 does all over me. Heard them all in the dry beans. Drew on big doe but she wouldn't give me lungs

Oh hhhhh i love this

turkeykirk

Good luck. It would be nice to start off with a bigun!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Can't get pics to load so they will have to wait. I'm up to a baby buck and 3 maybe 4 does. Almost got drawn on second doe but just out of range.

Lots of road traffic with grain trucks.

No words from bubba or blu

Maybe an hour left. Temps are dropping a lil

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Nothing else from bubba. Don't know if shooter or not.

Sun is gone. Woods are still and road is noisy and dusty with trucks.

Just got text from bubba. No shooter.

Primetime...maybe 15 left

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Small group of deer slipping by right now. Look to be all does. To dark. Gonna sit a few mins to let em clear out.

Will update if sumn changes. Did I mention its good to be in a tree?

BowHard

Banned
Sounds like a productive hunt. Nice sit guys. It was slow in my neck of the woods. 2 fresh scrapes behind my stand seemed promising but no action. Ill be back tomorrow evening

red tail

GONetwork Member
Well Bubba? Blu?

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
Nothing died tonight except a couple skeeters......had the nice 16 inch 2.5 yr old 8 come in grunting for 30 minutes...it will post his picture for me in a few.....back at house waiting on Blu to cook us dinner.
We are in the Oct lull but still hunting!...... back in the morning folks!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Horrible quality but this is the young 8 bubba had hunting around him.

Time for a cold beer or 3 and Brady says he is cooking sumn...dear lord

See y'all in the am

Attachments

• 2013-10-10 20.35.29.jpg
    2013-10-10 20.35.29.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 928

BornToHuntAndFish

Glad ya'll got out there & had some whitetail action.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Here is where I was this eve. And a rub pic from the saline property. Figured Jeff and Shawn would appreciate this :bounce:

Attachments

• 10-10-13_17-29-20.jpg
    10-10-13_17-29-20.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 950
  • IMG950249.jpg
    IMG950249.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 944

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks for all the good info, JT. Hope you did not get any poison growth on the ladder's tree on yourself. That little finger of woods between woodlots was on your Google Earth image on the previous thread page.

Bubba's young 8 in that photo sure does look rather sizeable critter compared to what we usually see down here in Georgia.

Whoa, that's a heckuva rub from the Saline County land.

:eek:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well after some technical difficulty we are back on stand! My first morning hunt this season and prolly my last until the 25th.

I am in a stand of hardwoods on a lil high spot in the middle of the thickest nastiest stuff imaginable. Really should not have come in here this early because the under growth is so thick I end crouched the whole way in.... have thicket in front and behind. Hardwoods left and right. Cut and plowed corn to the north.

Also have one boot off and poured a bucket of water out lol sock is drying over ladder rail.

Bubba is in freak stand again. Any thing that winds him should head my direction.

It's 53 with a light se breeze. Chilly on my left foot:whip:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Location...and yeah slough is up to my knees lol

Attachments

• 11-10-13_06-37-57.jpg
    11-10-13_06-37-57.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 869
  • IMG_2013101117960.jpg
    IMG_2013101117960.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 883