Hole under fence

Jimmypop

What makes a hole like this? It's 10 in. diameter and deeper than I can reach. I think too big for armadillo but maybe not. 400 yds. from the creek.

Attachments

• 0710181257.jpg
    0710181257.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 48

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm not sure it's a good idea to be sticking your hand in holes in the ground...…...Dillo, fox, gopher, I even saw a hawk fly out of one once...……….probably was hunting...…..

Hillbilly stalker

Good place for a rattler to lay up to beat the heat or hunting

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If there`s no bones, feathers, and-or fur around it, it`s a diller den.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I would not stick your arm in that hole.

I stuck my entire arm in a hole like that a couple years ago. I left it in there for over an hour - just for fun I started wiggling my fingers - then suddenly a sharp bite. I started yelling for help, but I was deep in the woods. No one could hear me. I was stuck for over three hours. I finally used my other hand to start digging the hole bigger until I was face to face with a big Black Panther.

I have no idea how he got in that hole. I would not rule out a Black Panther nest.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nic will you cure that skin for me? Beautiful and would look great on my recurve

I let that one go unharmed. I have some skins in my freezer, and when I tan them I`ll save you one.

Hillbilly stalker

I would not stick your arm in that hole.

I stuck my entire arm in a hole like that a couple years ago. I left it in there for over an hour - just for fun I started wiggling my fingers - then suddenly a sharp bite. I started yelling for help, but I was deep in the woods. No one could hear me. I was stuck for over three hours. I finally used my other hand to start digging the hole bigger until I was face to face with a big Black Panther.

I have no idea how he got in that hole. I would not rule out a Black Panther nest.
What happened ? He kill ya ?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a groundhog hole to me. They are all over here by the thousands. They usually have more than one entrance. And all kinds of other critters besides groundhogs will live in them, too.

godogs57

I let that one go unharmed. I have some skins in my freezer, and when I tan them I`ll save you one.

I let em go as well. However, I have about 20 or so in my freezer. Folks give em to me, knowing I could use them on knife sheaths one day. Holler at me if you need any.

Anvil Head

Funny how that happens. I have 3 coppers, 2 timbers, one cane break, a 8' (yes, foot) tagu (big lizard), gator leg and two snappers last count. Waiting for me to get around to doing some tannig. I didn't kill or "harvest" any of these, just well meaning friends. Wifey finally got used to them.

godogs57

I just "inherited" a freshly tanned gator hide. Black in color.....trying to figure out what I can do with it.