opinions on joining the free masons.

apoint

If you follow the Ten Commandments you should have no problem passing a CRIMINAL background check.They also check for your moral character.Its a faternity of brothers except we have parameters we are held to by our brothers and by the fact that the creator sees all things.Nothing is hidden from God though some forget that.Everyone sins and some go to prison for it.If they repent and change,God bless them.Keep in mind we arent a religion so we dont have to accept that person in our brotherhood.Like any brotherhood we have handshakes,ceremonies and rules.Our rules are based off a famous book that still is a number 1 seller!

NO MAN has ever kept even 1 of the 10 commandments.
Geesh.

obligated

NO MAN has ever kept even 1 of the 10 commandments.
Geesh.

:deadhorse:This folks is why I dont go to church.I said FOLLOW the 10 commandments.READING COMPREHENSION,You dont have it.No man is perfect and all fall short of gods glory except you I suppose.Bless your heart!

apoint

:deadhorse:This folks is why I dont go to church.I said FOLLOW the 10 commandments.READING COMPREHENSION,You dont have it.No man is perfect and all fall short of gods glory except you I suppose.Bless your heart!

You don't go to church because of your infinite wisdom and your just smarter than everyone else..
I know what you said and what you meant..
To bad you don't understand what I said.
Since you cant win using reason You twist my words, same strategy the evil one uses, you must know him well..
This is where you put another childish Icon up because that's all you have.

Artfuldodger

I was reading a little bit about the differences and parallels of dying and being reborn in Christianity and Freemasonry.
In Christianity Jesus died and was resurrected as a Savior which gives God the capability to grant salvation.
In Freemasonry Hiram Abiff is murdered and resurrects. Similar but I'm not sure or it's not clear to me as to how Masons view Hiram Abiff as a saviour or if he offers any type of salvation. I'm not even sure if they believe he is a real person.
There is some parallel to a sort of rebirth as a new man. I think their temple rituals actually portray the candidates dying and being reborn.
Christianity isn't the only religion that has a Redeemer offering salvation. The Persian god Mithras, the Redeemer, also offered salvation to his followers.
There are also some parallels to "Light" and "Enlightenment" used.

obligated

You don't go to church because of your infinite wisdom and your just smarter than everyone else..
I know what you said and what you meant..
To bad you don't understand what I said.
Since you cant win using reason You twist my words, same strategy the evil one uses, you must know him well..
This is where you put another childish Icon up because that's all you have.

Yeah,Ill be comfortable in CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored if there arent a bunch of holier than thou people there.I hear its warm and the women are friendly.Bye

ghadarits

Becoming a Mason

Crazy catfish, I'm not a Mason but know and have known many men who where and with only one exception they are or were all good family men. To take it a little further one of them was one of the biggest influences for me on how a good husband and father acts and carries himself.

Congrats to you. I hope you turn out half as good as the guys I've looked up to who are and were Masons.

apoint

Crazy catfish, I'm not a Mason but know and have known many men who where and with only one exception they are or were all good family men. To take it a little further one of them was one of the biggest influences for me on how a good husband and father acts and carries himself.

Congrats to you. I hope you turn out half as good as the guys I've looked up to who are and were Masons.

Yep, road to H--- is paved with good intensions, gota love em.

ghadarits

My dad always said to remember that half the folks out there are below average.

apoint

My dad always said to remember that half the folks out there are below average.

And the other half thinks the same as the first half.:huh: How about 2 halves make a whole. I think 95% don't have a clue and 4% don't care and the remaining 1% don't have an account which makes them a no account. Well their ya go.

tonyrittenhouse

this is one question which has eluded normal folks for centuries. Whenever someone asks this, they are told to become a member and then find out for themselves. If this wasnt the case then FM really wont be nearly as controversial as they are now.

Sounds like our government "we must pass the law to know what's in the law"

tonyrittenhouse

I do not go to the lodge to talk about christ just like i dont go to work or the ballpark or the woods or the mall or bass pro shops to talk about christ! I go to church. That is the best "translation"!!

All this secret stuff with the fm just does not seem right to me. I am complete opposite of what you are saying in this quote. I read in the Bible: Matthew 5:16 - Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven and also: Matthew 5:14 - Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. That is why I tell everyone what Jesus has done for me no matter where it may be.

White Horse

Who is Baphomet to Freemasonry?

Nothing. The term "Baphomet" occurs nowhere in Freemasonry.

Now watch. Several Anti-Masons will show up to "reveal" all the stuff they know from reading some book that they refuse to share with the rest of us, and will say that I haven't been far enough in Masonry to know what I'm talking about, that I'm being deceived, etc.

Artfuldodger

Nothing. The term "Baphomet" occurs nowhere in Freemasonry.

Now watch. Several Anti-Masons will show up to "reveal" all the stuff they know from reading some book that they refuse to share with the rest of us, and will say that I haven't been far enough in Masonry to know what I'm talking about, that I'm being deceived, etc.

Apprentice, journeyman or fellow (now called Fellowcraft), and Master Mason. These are the degrees offered by craft, or blue lodge Freemasonry.
I don't believe there is any way to go farther into Masonry than Master Mason.
A Master Mason can go into one of the appendant bodies such as the Schottish Rite but event that isn't higher.

Artfuldodger

The Woodman of the World fraternity had initiates "ride a goat" as part the initiation. Maybe the Elks fraternity too. A goat is just a goat.

From this link;
The Modern Woodmen of the World—created in Iowa in 1883—made use of a mechanical goat. A major promoter of the Modern Woodmen was Ed DeMoulin who started DeMoulin Bros. in 1890 to cater to, and promote, the use of an ever-expanding list of initiation devices.6 The growth of the Modern Woodmen may have encouraged other North American fraternities to adopt similar practices. A 1915 published ritual of the Modern Woodmen has a list of all of the articles used in the ceremony, including a goat.
There was certainly no secret about the Woodmen goat.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/goat.html

White Horse

I know nothing, and am not judging but here is a good read

http://www.cuttingedge.org/free004.html

As usual that screed on "Cutting Edge" takes quotations from such as Mackey and Pike out of context, and then adds commentary to make them appear to be as negative as possible.

No matter what such Anti-Masonic websites may claim, Freemasonry is not a religion. It is a fraternity.

Remember, Mackey, Pike, the alleged former Chaplain whose screed is published there on "Cutting Edge," White Horse, and others simply offer their own opinion. No one is a spokesman for the Masonic Fraternity as a whole. Each state in the Union has its own Grand Lodge, which is the superior Masonic authority within each geographical area. Likewise, foreign countries have their own jurisdictions and their practices and rules may vary a lot from those here in Georgia.

As always, study for yourself and make up your own mind.

Doboy Dawg

Masons

Apprentice, journeyman or fellow (now called Fellowcraft), and Master Mason. These are the degrees offered by craft, or blue lodge Freemasonry.
I don't believe there is any way to go farther into Masonry than Master Mason.
A Master Mason can go into one of the appendant bodies such as the Schottish Rite but event that isn't higher.

All I know about the Masons was what I've seen and read. From what I've seen and read I want no part of it. My grandfather was a Master Mason 32 or 33 deg or whatever you call it. He was into the Scottish Rite. My grandmother was Eastern Star. As a child I was brought to the lodge with them for various functions aka like social parties. These all took place in the downstairs of the lodge as we were forbidden to go upstairs, haha. What happens when you tell an 8 year old boy he cannot go upstairs?

I can tell you what happens when nobody was looking I went upstairs and I dug into every drawer I could find, pried open doors and found the secret rooms, LOL. From the ages of 8-16 I slipped into every single room of the lodge.

Funny thing was my grandfather Never ever talked about what went on inside the lodge. I had seen the charts, the scrolls, the wall hangings, the symbols, and etc.. He was also a Primitive Baptist deacon.

All the time I knew him, he was a good man, everybody loved him. He took the place of my missing in action father. He raised me, but he never spoke of the Masons. He showed me his ring and a secret handshake or something of the like to identify other masons. Which I don't remember.

Now my grandmother told me all about the the grandfather that I did not know, the full fledged alcoholic Shriner, the man he used to be. After he died my mom was then told she had a half brother in Florida that for 44 years she had not known of.

The death of my grandfather devastated me he was like my real dad to me. After the Masonic Scottish Rite funeral,(bagpipes), there was a traditional Baptist funeral. A few months after his death my grandmother told me to go in his room and look for anything I might want to keep, which turned out to be an old .22 rifle.

But I found all of his Masonic and Scottish Rite books. I was 18 when he died and an avid reader by then. I took the books and read into them and I could not get over the Eastern Mysticism and symbology. I don't know which book it was in but the picture of Baphomet and the description of him sent chills down my spine. I put the books back where I found them as far as I know nobody knew I had them or how long I had them.

I knew enough that Jesus was not the author of confusion, secret, or hidden works. Later on in life I read more and studied more about the Masons and the more I read and the more I studied the more I did not want anything to do with it.

Now I will not condemn you or anyone else who chooses to go the Masonic path. But it is not for me, as for me and my house we shall worship the Lord Jesus Christ. The Jesus that was born of a virgin, died on a cross, and arose from the grave three days later!

I don't need enlightenment, I received the Holy Spirit the day I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. Afterwards I was baptized as a public profession of my faith.

I will not argue my faith with anyone. I was raised in a Methodist church. My grandparents went to a Primitive Baptist church, which I loved as a kid. After my grandfather passed away my grandmother started going to a Southern Baptist church which I loved even more as a young adult.

I have served in the military and law enforcement and have been around the chapels. I studied comparative religions during those years and lived some prodigal son years and then I came back into a Southern Baptist church.

God Bless You and Keep You

apoint

fellowcraft or witchcraft all the same gibberish. "Mote it be" is the words of all witchcrafters
You either bow dn to the one and only master creator of the universe -OR- bow to man the master mason. I bow to NO MAN..