A Slow Motion Train Wreck, the Midwest Edition

slow motion

Heck yes glad you got him
Looks like a nice set of rattling horns
Put that buck to good use
Now me I’d need to round the point’s some but with ur uncanny athleticism im sure you can rattle without sticking your self
On 2nd thought skull mount him
Tell the truth. This is what you're worried about with rattlin horns isn't it.20240322_111509.jpg

Jim Boyd

Dale

Beans last year so corn this year?

Headed up Memorial Day and look ok’ing forward.

Great find with the deer. You got him. Just took a minute.

You da man.

slow motion

Looks like a good time!
We’re headed to Missouri Sunday morning. Build out on a cabin on a new farm. Will do a little shed hunting if I have time.
Fantastic man. Keep us updated please.

slow motion

Dale

Beans last year so corn this year?

Headed up Memorial Day and look ok’ing forward.

Great find with the deer. You got him. Just took a minute.

You da man.
Yes Sir corn next year. They have applied fertilizer since the last rain so maybe soon. Ammonia went in in December. Farmer said he would sell me corn on stalk and leave it. Delimma is at 200 bushel per acre and over 5 bucks per acre that's over 1k per acre and they will eat it quick. Was hoping to spend less maybe 300 to maybe 500 bucks but would it even last to November?

Buck70

Yes Sir corn next year. They have applied fertilizer since the last rain so maybe soon. Ammonia went in in December. Farmer said he would sell me corn on stalk and leave it. Delimma is at 200 bushel per acre and over 5 bucks per acre that's over 1k per acre and they will eat it quick. Was hoping to spend less maybe 300 to maybe 500 bucks but would it even last to November?
Not cheap at all.

Mike 65

Fantastic man. Keep us updated please.
I will. This is on a farm in Livonia, about 10 miles south of Iowa. A friend bought it and is getting it ready to lease out by the for deer/turkey hunting by the week. It’s right across the road from Rebels Cove public hunting ground. I only get to hunt it if there’s no paying hunters there. It’s only about 10-15 minutes from the 2 farms we hunt.

Jim Boyd

It is gonna be a little while before they plant it.

The old adage “knee high by July” will apply however.

They normally knife the ammonia not that long after the beans come out.

Charlie leaves me some corn sometimes but they attack it so quickly, there is not a lot of gain.

The oaks around the field edges are a good draw tho!