ATF times?

AllTerrainAngler

I was talking to several people recently who received their forms back right around 30 days for their suppressors. Is anyone here experiencing the same? Thats been the only deterrent for me. I don’t want to wait nearly a year to get to use something.

FlipKing

The times have been widely changing recently some people have been getting it back very quickly. There's a reddit thread indr R/NFA where they track return times

Cronic

Waiting on two more let’s see how long this takes this time. Hope not nine months this time.

Robust Redhorse

My son recently got his in less than a month, but I've heard that the ATF has put the kibosh on this, and they are taking at least 6 months now.

I just don't understand giving "the man" unlimited access into your life.

Maybe you will be fine...

Maybe you will be the next Randy Weaver...

rosewood

My son recently got his in less than a month, but I've heard that the ATF has put the kibosh on this, and they are taking at least 6 months now.

That is an urban legend. Rumors have gone around that having a NFA item gives the ATF unlimted access to search your place. This isn't true. The idea comes from the fact they can show up at a NFA dealer and demand to view records I think once a year, but have to schedule an appointment if outside business hours (yall correct me if I am wrong on this point).

The same doesn't apply to private citizens. As jester said, they need a warrant.

I once believed the rumor, but started researching it the last few years. My reservation of getting an NFA item is that it is like raising your hand to the ATF and saying, "here I am". Yeah, I am probably already on some list somewhere, but no reason in moving to the top.

That being said, I still want a suppressor and may one day give in to my fears and raise my hand and get one.

I have to admit a 30 day turnaround would greatly increase my chances of giving in.

Rosewood

rosewood

I was told that if you do the electronic fingerprints that you can get at a UPS?? store, and do the E-form, it greatly reduces the turn around time. Mailing stuff in takes forever.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
No offense to anyone posting here, but I'm not paying a tax for a suppressor or a SBR.

As far as warrants go, if you don't think one day the ATF, .Gov won't use these records against us one day, you are mistaken.

I don't trust any .Gov agency, just see Covid.

Dub

No offense to anyone posting here, but I'm not paying a tax for a suppressor or a SBR.

As far as warrants go, if you don't think one day the ATF, .Gov won't use these records against us one day, you are mistaken.

I don't trust any .Gov agency, just see Covid.

No offense taken.

You got a plan worked out for bail money when you get caught with a homemade suppressor ???

I don't trust ANY .gov, either......but how else am I gonna legally get a couple of the cans I want ?

John Cooper

No offense taken.

You got a plan worked out for bail money when you get caught with a homemade suppressor ???

I don't trust ANY .gov, either......but how else am I gonna legally get a couple of the cans I want ?
I don't own a can, haven't had the need for one yet.

I do have a plan for when I do, and by then bail money will not do any of us any good.

ryanh487

Nothing about an NFA stamp surrenders any 4th amendment rights. You're thinking of an FFL but that only applies to the business address.

FlipKing

I don't own a can, haven't had the need for one yet.

I do have a plan for when I do, and by then bail money will not do any of us any good.
If you haven't shot supressed, you don't understand the dramatic improvement. You're already on lists anyway. Might as well enjoy shooting more.

John Cooper

If you haven't shot supressed, you don't understand the dramatic improvement. You're already on lists anyway. Might as well enjoy shooting more.
I have shot suppressed and understand all about it.

Since I am prior military and prior FFL holder you are correct I am on way to many list.

I'm just not about paying for something else the American Gestopo wants to control.

Latest posts