Bulk corn

bilgerat

Senior
I just called Town N country in Monticello and their bulk corn from the silo is 23 cents a pound this year, the deer feed pellets are 21 cents a pound!!! If anyone knows of a cheaper place share the info please

Deerhead

I just called Town N country in Monticello and their bulk corn from the silo is 23 cents a pound this year, the deer feed pellets are 21 cents a pound!!! If anyone knows of a cheaper place share the info please

That's a good price! Do you have any information on their deer feed pellets? What is it and is it a protein feed? If so how much protein? Thanks

bilgerat

Senior
That's a good price! Do you have any information on their deer feed pellets? What is it and is it a protein feed? If so how much protein? Thanks
no info on the feed but they do call it protein feed , Its small pellets, I mixed it in with the corn last fall and the deer loved it.

treemanjohn

Banned
I must not be as strong as most guys but I can’t maneuver a full, 350#, 55 gallon drum off my truck. When I was feeding deer I’d drive up in the field and they’d auger it straight into the bed of my truck. Take home, shovel into drums that were out of the weather.
I'm smart enough to not save 2 dollars on a bag of corn and replace it with humping around 350lb barrels

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
That's the problem with buying from a farmer. If you get any amount of cob in there it will plug up a feeder almost instantly.
^this^

I get cleaned corn for $12.99/50lb bags and at the current bulk prices, I'll spend the $1.50 and go with cleaned corn.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Here in Thomson, Ga its $14/50lb bag of corn
If you fill up a 55 gallon drum its $72 at a Smith farm supply...if you bought the same amount the barrel hold in seperate 50lb bags it would cost $84
So slightly cheaper by barrel

2dye4

I just paid $8.50 per bushel out of a grain bin. I have a 125 bushel gravity flow I fill every year.

Blackston

Just went to fill up my drum …. Self serve 50$ mile from the house ….. sign was up sayin auger was broke ….. 4 bags at tractor supply hurt my feelings ?

rstallings1979

Just filled up my 90 bushel gravity flow two weeks ago. My in laws farm a good bit of corn so I asked them was $600 fair. They haven't cashed the check yet so maybe they will just let me have it for marrying their sister.