Did you buy a gun today #3

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Dub I still don't know what I'm going to do with my 6mm truck axle. Think I have enough in my pocket for an action...don't even know if I want single feed or repeater:huh:

Reactions: Dub

Dub

@Dub I still don't know what I'm going to do with my 6mm truck axle. Think I have enough in my pocket for an action...don't even know if I want single feed or repeater:huh:

I guess it comes down to benchrest vs. PRS-ish setup.
Decisions.....

A long action single-feed would be like a blank canvas awaiting an artist's paintbrush :bounce: Non-encumbered with magazine col restrictions.

A well behaved bottom feeder with a slick action would be mighty nice, too.

Decisions.....

Image 733.jpeg

When you mentioned 6mm....it reminded me about a bullet I wanted to ask you about....David Tubb's DTAC 115gr 6mm.

Have you ever tried them ?

I don't think I'll have the freebore to use 'em.....at least not for a while.
I may pick up some to try once throat erosion is well evident. Couldn't hurt, right ? :huh:

I'll be starting out my 6GT with 105gr & 109gr.....and see where it goes.

Image 732.jpeg

I think he also offers a boron nickel coated version....as well as version with a modified nose to help gain quicker expansion for hunting.

earlthegoat2

Especially if you handloaded and trialed various powders that really utilized that great 28” runway.

I wonder how long I can hang bullets out before they contact rifling?

Filler up with H110 and see how far they will fling.

Barnes makes that 250gr TTSX boat tail for 450 Bushmaster that would be interesting to try that with.

Dub

I wonder how long I can hang bullets out before they contact rifling?

Filler up with H110 and see how far they will fling.

Barnes makes that 250gr TTSX boat tail for 450 Bushmaster that would be interesting to try that with.

Hornady used to make a 200gr FTX factory load that was screaming over 2,100fps from a revolver…they may still make it.

I know they make the 200gr FTX bullets and have load data.

I haven’t looked too deep into .460 in a while, but see they have the light FTX and the heavier XTP loads listed.

These are for an 8.5” revolver.

F3D604DD-3606-469E-842F-4E2F51B0684E.jpegF48D0432-960A-4120-871C-3C6C0076C283.jpeg

rosewood

JR924

My son just bought this with birthday $$$. He is hunting the backyard and wanted something a little better than the normal Wally-world bb gun. Anyone else shoot a .22 pellet gun?

BowSniper
I do. That is a decent gun for the money.

1. Try different pellets. Most guns are finicky and shoot a few pellets far better than others. I order good pellets on line from airguns stores and not from Walmart.
2. Scope is cheap and many do not hold up to a magnum springer recoil like the gun you bought. Need springer rated scope like UTG if it fails.
3. Initially, check screws ( tighten and lock tight them ASAP) and clean the barrel (do not use firearm cleaners or lubricants, Ballistol works good for airgun barrels and some use silicone oil). Most airguns come with dirty barrels and affects accuracy.
4. Use the artillery hold when shooting for best accuracy. There are Youtube videos on this.
5. For a lot of information on airguns and help, look at this forum.

Last edited:

Dub

I shouldn’t have looked. Now I want one.

Excellent sights

Excellent grips

Missing is the absolutely ridiculous internal lock. :rockon: I detest those stupid locks and everything they stand for....and yes, I have a couple guns with them. :banginghe

If I carried them I'd remove the stupid locks and plug 'em.

If it shoots anything like my 442 (which appears to have the same VZ grips) it'll handle itself well. I was skeptical with mine at first, but gave some +P 135gr Gold Dot ammo a try...as well as the +P 125gr Gold Dot. No complaints. It handled itself well.
158gr target loads are pleasant enough.

Jester896

Senior Clown
me too...I shoot a Benjamin 392 and I also have an old Crossman Co2 pistol.

@BowSniper I have an array of .22 pellets if you want a few of each to try before buying. I'll bag them up with info in case they work if you need them.

I have also had good results with a .20 ...squirrel machine...it was a break barrel...maybe Gamo

BowSniper

@BowSniper I have an array of .22 pellets if you want a few of each to try before buying. I'll bag them up with info in case they work if you need them.

What a great gesture, Jester. I appreciate the offer, but don't think it will be necessary. He also bought a pack of assorted pellets to try to find out exactly what he/the gun likes best. I honestly think i will need to buy a skid of pellets they way he is going through them though :ROFLMAO:. Great offer. Very thankful to be a part of a great group of people here, like yourself.

I believe he will be very pleased with this as his neighborhood squirrel gun.

BowSniper

BowSniper

1. Try different pellets. Most guns are finicky and shoot a few pellets far better than others. I order good pellets on line from airguns stores and not from Walmart.
2. Scope is cheap and many do not hold up to a magnum springer recoil like the gun you bought. Need springer rated scope like UTG if it fails.
3. Initially, check screws ( tighten and lock tight them ASAP) and clean the barrel (do not use firearm cleaners or lubricants, Ballistol works good for airgun barrels and some use silicone oil). Most airguns come with dirty barrels and affects accuracy.
4. Use the artillery hold when shooting for best accuracy. There are Youtube videos on this.
5. For a lot of information on airguns and help, look at this forum.

Thanks for the info JR. He has also bought a variety pack of different pellets to shoot. Hopefully he can find out which shoots best. I had a Simmons 22 mag scope that we have already swapped on it and it seems to be working really well. We will definitely check out that forum. Again, thanks!

BowSniper