Found a strange box on my front porch,

BowanaLee

didn't know what it was ? I ordered a few things but it was to early for them to get here.

I recently scratched up a bunch of 100 gr Muzzy from my bow box. Been there for years. Tuned up my Addiction a tad from last year and tried em out. Remarkably, they were hitting with my field points. Oh well, I guess they might set there another year ? I know what Muzzy's will do but these sharp looking rascals look like they need to be shot at a critter.

Attachments

• ramcat broadheads 002.jpg resized.jpg
    ramcat broadheads 002.jpg resized.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,860
  • ramcat broadheads 004.jpg resized.jpg
    ramcat broadheads 004.jpg resized.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2,834

fountain

Thought you shot bi-polar heads???? I've noticed several that were shooting bi-polar, now shooting ram cat

South Man

Send me a pack Lee��

BowanaLee

Guys, I've shot a lot of broad heads over the years. Muzzy fixed, Spitfire and Innerloc expandables, then Innerloc Falcon fixed with 1" cut and to many to mention in between.
Last year I shot Bipolars and so far, they had the best blood trail. You better wear rubber boots on a Bipolar blood trail. "Nasty !" I liked the 125 grs. As I age and my poundage goes down, my need for a broad head changes too.
I'm at 47 lbs and 239 fps with a goldtip 55/75. Bipolars head passed through but the fletching hung in several deer. Not that it made any difference. Seeing that RamCat taunts itself as the deepest penetrating BH in the world ?
I couldn't pass up the chance in sticking a few critters just to see. Just look at em, could you pass it up ? :huh: :bounce: :bounce: Oh, Ram Cats stood up to my tough blob target just fine.
After BH tuning my rest from sitting up over the summer, looks like I have them all hitting about the same ? ( Muzzy, Bipolar and Ram Cat) I'll know more after testing but if thats the case, I may use several heads ?
Stay tuned for the carnage !

Last edited:

fountain

Guys, I've shot a lot of broad heads over the years. Muzzy fixed, Spitfire and Innerloc expandables, then Innerloc Falcon fixed with 1" cut and to many to mention in between.
Last year I shot Bipolars and so far, they had the best blood trail. You better wear rubber boots on a Bipolar blood trail. "Nasty !" I liked the 125 grs. As I age and my poundage goes down, my need for a broad head changes too.
I'm at 47 lbs and 239 fps with a goldtip 55/75. Bipolars head passed through but the fletching hung in several deer. Not that it made any difference. Seeing that RamCat taunts itself as the deepest penetrating BH in the world ?
I couldn't pass up the chance in sticking a few critters just to see. Just look at em, could you pass it up ? :huh: :bounce: :bounce: Oh, Ram Cats stood up to my tough blob target just fine.
After BH tuning my rest from sitting up over the summer, looks like I have them all hitting about the same ? ( Muzzy, Bipolar and Ram Cat) I'll know more after testing but if thats the case, I may use several heads ?
Stay tuned for the carnage !

I don't blame ya bud, those are all nice heads and I'm sure they all work well. I'd shoot whats sent to me too

FordHunter

I've used them for years. Tuned my bow for them and they fly true. Furthest tracking job was 75 yards cause she slid down the hill.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
"Could you pass it up"

Absolutely, every bodys different. I am sometimes amazed by you guys who change up your setup every year. I have been using the same heads for 20 years. I don't see that changing in the near future, if ever.

Last edited:

Kris87

Absolutely, every bodys different. I am sometimes amazed by you guys who change up your setup every year. I have been using the same heads for 20 years. I don't see that changing in the near future ever.

I like to change my setup when I can make it better.

BowanaLee

I like the RamsCats also Big hole in Big hole out equals great Blood Trail.

We shall soon see. .......Come on September 10th !

7mmstw

I purchased 2 packs of ram cat, all excited,opened them up and have seen butter knives sharper!! Was bummed about it. I was wanting to shoot them out of my new obsession.

chewy32

I had them go through both shoulders on a doe at 35 Yds a few yrs ago and my bow only shoots 260

BowanaLee

I purchased 2 packs of ram cat, all excited,opened them up and have seen butter knives sharper!! Was bummed about it. I was wanting to shoot them out of my new obsession.
No problem here, I know how to sharpen them "real good".

I had them go through both shoulders on a doe at 35 Yds a few yrs ago and my bow only shoots 260

Mines only shooting 239 fps. :bounce: