Has anyone ever been to a dog fight or cockfight?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Wasn’t aware these dogs and roosters were packing heat. Heck, now I’ve changed my mind. I luv me a good ol shootout at the K-9 corral.

Calf roping in the field, yep. Calf roping practice for the field, yep. Calf roping and bull riding for entertainment, I guess so. No serious injury or death to either.
So they say.

crackerdave

Got no interest in putting two animals together to fight. Don’t mind watching some doing it on their own accord though
All our dogs in Hog Valley knew each other and who could whup who.They would ŕegularly tangle up upon meeting and not do any serious damage to one another,just like humans shake hands and ruffhouse some.

A yaller Mountain Cur gave my pit/English a whuppin' on several occasions.All the dogs established a pecking order amongst themselves,without much human interference.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
when i was about 12yo my daddy took me to mexico(long story) and i remember going to a bull fight....
Got to see one of those also!!!!!

I have no qualms with chicken fighting. I see no difference in it and MMA, boxing or other things like that.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
You equating all that to dog fighting??
I said a dog is mans best friend. If my dog gets in a fight defending his ground I’m getting out there and helping him.
What u got to say now.

Tight Lines

I've been to bullfights in Mexico, cock fights in Argentina, but never been to a dog fight. As a youngster in rural Oklahoma, the adults talked about them. Us kids never went, but we knew the people that bred the fighting dogs, and we weren't allowed near them...

None of it is that interesting to me...

Personally coon fights and cat fights have the most intensity IMHO...those critters can flat get after it when they are mad...or at least it SOUNDS like they are...

bullgator

Trying to compare what happens naturally where one of them can turn and escape to man made pit fights with no escape is like comparing consensual sex with rape.