Holy……..

AccUbonD

You take away what refs did at end of Auburn/Alabama game it would be totally different scenario. You don’t do that in a critical situation. Hmmmm

00Beau

Bama got manhandled by the #3hating team in the country, and UGA ain’t #1.
Democrat way of of looking at it i guess. Keep hating. It's taking a toll on lots of people! Uga has beat Bama once , Once in 9 tries since 2012 , 1-8 , Uga was supposed to be the New King of College Football, didn't work out Saturday. But it was a heck of a game. And don't start about Bowers and McKonkey being hurt, that's a cop out. Bama could use the same analogy for the one win Ga does have in 9 tries. Bama beat #1 , 5th in SOS , Better wins than FSU. The way yall are painting it, oh everyone gets a trophy , little Johnny might cry! That's the entire problem in America now! I pretty much see how Biden is President with some of these threads on GON. You came on here to get to stir the pot. Crawl back under your rock! I said my piece. Roll Tide

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Liberty Flames 13-0 C-USA Champs. Everything else is either noise or a lie to attempt to hide the fact BCS is nothing but a beauty contest.

Oh, wait!!!!!!????? Let me guess, not ALL 13-0 schedules or teams that accomplish them are created equal?

Jus' Say'n
Either we get rid of the kewl kids klub altogether or we tell all the nerds up front to not even think about it.

There isn’t a single other sport in America where the finalists for playoff berths get voted on. In every sport it’s your W/L record with head to head as the tie breaker, then common opponents.

This is nothing. Wait till next year. They will have 12 chances to rig the beauty pageant.

I don’t know why adults fall for this kewl kids krap but they do.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Democrat way of of looking at it i guess. Keep hating. It's taking a toll on lots of people! Uga has beat Bama once , Once in 9 tries since 2012 , 1-8 , Uga was supposed to be the New King of College Football, didn't work out Saturday. But it was a heck of a game. And don't start about Bowers and McKonkey being hurt, that's a cop out. Bama could use the same analogy for the one win Ga does have in 9 tries. Bama beat #1 , 5th in SOS , Better wins than FSU. The way yall are painting it, oh everyone gets a trophy , little Johnny might cry! That's the entire problem in America now! I pretty much see how Biden is President with some of these threads on GON. You came on here to get to stir the pot. Crawl back under your rock! I said my piece. Roll Tide
Ha! Saban did cry about the injuries the year the Dawgs beat them. Son of gun was still crying months afterward.

00Beau

Ha! Saban did cry about the injuries the year the Dawgs beat them. Son of gun was still crying months afterward.
Yes. Bowers came out and said no tears at Ga. Immediately after SEC Championship game, well Kirby in his interview said we had guys emotional and Upset after the game in the locker room , we can throw punches back and forth forever. It is what it is, Players cry, coaches whine, Coaches lobby to get in the playoffs, Saban cried more than Kirby. You won't see Kirby lobbying to get in , blah blah blah, I believe he did before he made it to the locker room, that's his job. And honestly Ga should be in, but who else do you leave out? Alabama and Texas was the cog in the wheels. Texas beat Bama, Bama beat Ga. , they had no choice, FSU will get toasted by Ga. And prove the Comittee right.

BamaGeorgialine

You take away what refs did at end of Auburn/Alabama game it would be totally different scenario. You don’t do that in a critical situation. Hmmmm
Gotta let it go man. Whatever it is that you keep referring to about the Auburn game. Sometimes in life you have to have some accountability. I personally think every time you should take accountability, but that's where I'm different. Auburn let Bama score on 4th and 31. That's unacceptable. Tackle the receiver if you have to. Anything but get beat one on one.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
It is what it is at this point. Results on the field no longer matter as espn will decide the champs.

I’m convinced Walt Disney was an Alabama fan. They’ve eclipsed tOsu and nd as media darlings.
If "results on the field" mattered then Liberty would be in as well and Texas would be out. It's more of a "weighted average" than any single stat.

Speaking of stats, let's look at a few. First offensive(which Criminole fans may just find to be)

Offensively

Yards per Game
Flames 514.9Good for 3rd in the Nation
Criminoles 416.2 Can't even count that high for ranking

Point per game
Liberty 40.8 Good for 5th
Criminoles 37 And by taking off one shoe I find them at 13th

Defensively

Yards allowed
Criminoles 305.7 Good for 14th
Liberty 356.4 Congratulations FSU here

Points per game
Criminoles 15.9 Cracking the Top 10 here
Liberty 22.7

So Liberty gives up more on defense but had a more potent offense(even with Travis).

But I don't think Liberty has any business being on the field with any of the Top 4 and like it or not FSU doesn't either in the opinion of many(including the Committee)

AccUbonD

Gotta let it go man. Whatever it is that you keep referring to about the Auburn game. Sometimes in life you have to have some accountability. I personally think every time you should take accountability, but that's where I'm different. Auburn let Bama score on 4th and 31. That's unacceptable. Tackle the receiver if you have to. Anything but get beat one on one.
I keep referring to what happen as fact. Wide receiver pushed off James to create room for the catch and the go ahead score. The refs did not call it. Alabama should have two losses now not one. Keep quoting or replying to all you want it doesn’t change the fact.

That is all

SpotandStalk

If "results on the field" mattered then Liberty would be in as well and Texas would be out. It's more of a "weighted average" than any single stat.

Speaking of stats, let's look at a few. First offensive(which Criminole fans may just find to be)

Offensively

Yards per Game
Flames 514.9Good for 3rd in the Nation
Criminoles 416.2 Can't even count that high for ranking

Point per game
Liberty 40.8 Good for 5th
Criminoles 37 And by taking off one shoe I find them at 13th

Defensively

Yards allowed
Criminoles 305.7 Good for 14th
Liberty 356.4 Congratulations FSU here

Points per game
Criminoles 15.9 Cracking the Top 10 here
Liberty 22.7

So Liberty gives up more on defense but had a more potent offense(even with Travis).

But I don't think Liberty has any business being on the field with any of the Top 4 and like it or not FSU doesn't either in the opinion of many(including the Committee)
You can spin it however you’d like but an undefeated power 5 conference champion should never be jumped by two 1 loss teams and left out of the playoff. In the end, it’s all about the $ and had nothing to do with performance on the field.

Disney had been setting this up with their commentary since the Jordan Travis injury.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I keep referring to what happen as fact. Wide receiver pushed off James to create room for the catch and the go ahead score. The refs did not call it. Alabama should have two losses now not one. Keep quoting or replying to all you want it doesn’t change the fact.

That is all
It’s all in who one likes and dislikes. I watched a bad call in a FL vs UGA game a few years back. A blind man could have seen the bad call in favor of the DAWGs. The DAWG fans were up in arms, “You get some, you lose some” I was told. So keep on hating the Tide. Bama had a rough start and got better to earn a shot at the SECCG, they dominated that game. The VOLs, oh well, maybe next year, nah.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Lol been gone for 2 yrs and show back up now. Wheres Fairhope Bama?

BamaGeorgialine

That is all
You are the only person that has said that. Since when is leaning into a defensive back a penalty? You volunteers are so soft. Sometimes the kids do a better job than the ones covering them. Give credit instead of wishing that they'd start playing flag football. Come on now sister

Resica

Liberty isn’t even in a Power-5 conference, and played exactly ZERO power 5 teams. Oregon is going to treat them like a red headed step child.
It should have been SMU against Oregon. Liberty didn't beat many, if any teams with winning records. Ridiculous.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
It should have been SMU against Oregon. Liberty didn't beat many, if any teams with winning records. Ridiculous.
They played 3, FSU played...............WOW...............5. Yawn. They didnt choose their schedule any more than FSU did. They played their games same as FSU and amassed the same record doing it, yet none of y'all think a thing about leaving them out because YOU don't think they're one of the 4 best. Well guess what? The committee didn't think FSU was one of the 4 best either. Get over it.

Resica

They played 3, FSU played...............WOW...............5. Yawn. They didnt choose their schedule any more than FSU did. They played their games same as FSU and amassed the same record doing it, yet none of y'all think a thing about leaving them out because YOU don't think they're one of the 4 best. Well guess what? The committee didn't think FSU was one of the 4 best either. Get over it.
Liberty had the dead last strength of schedule in FBS I believe.

Latest posts