Holy……..

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Liberty had the dead last strength of schedule in FBS I believe.
Again, just like FSU, they didn't pick their schedule. They played and won all their games, same as FSU and amassed some better stats, and yes, some worse, doing it. But because YOU think they're one of the four best it’s OK.

Well guess what? The committee, you know, the ones whose opinions matter in this, didn't think FSU was one of the four best either.

Somebody was getting left out and a bunch of people were going to be tore up about it no matter what. Well guess what? Next year when expansion takes place someone is going to be left out again and people are going to be tore up about it. Y'all might as well just get over it.

Resica

Again, just like FSU, they didn't pick their schedule. They played and won all their games, same as FSU and amassed some better stats, and yes, some worse, doing it. But because YOU think they're one of the four best it’s OK.

Well guess what? The committee, you know, the ones whose opinions matter in this, didn't think FSU was one of the four best either.

Somebody was getting left out and a bunch of people were going to be tore up about it no matter what. Well guess what? Next year when expansion takes place someone is going to be left out again and people are going to be tore up about it. Y'all might as well just get over it.
Wasn't speaking of FSU, only of Liberty. They did pick their schedule. or at least I think they had a hand in it.

ddgarcia

Wasn't speaking of FSU, only of Liberty. They did pick their schedule.
Uh, I'm pretty sure they didn't. Same as everyone else. You play X number of conference opponents, in this case 8 as there are only 9 teams currently in their conference, and then you set up whatever 2-4 other games you can. Sometimes their teams of your choosing, sometimes they're not, just simply who's available.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If "results on the field" mattered then Liberty would be in as well and Texas would be out. It's more of a "weighted average" than any single stat.

Speaking of stats, let's look at a few. First offensive(which Criminole fans may just find to be)

Offensively

Yards per Game
Flames 514.9Good for 3rd in the Nation
Criminoles 416.2 Can't even count that high for ranking

Point per game
Liberty 40.8 Good for 5th
Criminoles 37 And by taking off one shoe I find them at 13th

Defensively

Yards allowed
Criminoles 305.7 Good for 14th
Liberty 356.4 Congratulations FSU here

Points per game
Criminoles 15.9 Cracking the Top 10 here
Liberty 22.7

So Liberty gives up more on defense but had a more potent offense(even with Travis).

But I don't think Liberty has any business being on the field with any of the Top 4 and like it or not FSU doesn't either in the opinion of many(including the Committee)
Ok. So why is Liberty a team in the FBS for every week of the season except for one, maybe two weekends?

Like George Carlin said, “It’s a biiiig club and Liberty ain’t in it “. That’s why.

DAWG1419

Y’all think a #1 Bama/tosu losing the conference championship game by 3 that either one would drop to 6th overnight? Answer honestly

Resica

Y’all think a #1 Bama/tosu losing the conference championship game by 3 that either one would drop to 6th overnight? Answer honestly
Not in the regular season. But in Conference championships, yes.
Long way to drop for sure. Was it right, probably not.

ddgarcia

Ok. So why is Liberty a team in the FBS for every week of the season except for one, maybe two weekends?

Like George Carlin said, “It’s a biiiig club and Liberty ain’t in it “. That’s why.
Even actual FCS teams get paid to be FBS teams a week or 3 a year.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Imperfect system and it will continue to be that even when it goes to 12.
I’m sorry dude, but ^that^ is flat out dumb.

If it were 12 teams now, we would have the most “EXCITING” playoff ever. With the most amount of teams that have ever won in a season. EVER! Greatest records, EVER!

If you aren’t in the top 12 in college football. The top 5 would kill you.

Madsnooker

Umm, yes depending on circumstances. You do realize OSU dropped from #2 to #7 for exactly your scenerio. I could argue OSU deserves a spot as much as any other 1 loss team. It's all semantics at this point. Their only loss is to the committee #1 team in the last minute of the game.

Last edited:

MudDucker

Staff member
Yes. Bowers came out and said no tears at Ga. Immediately after SEC Championship game, well Kirby in his interview said we had guys emotional and Upset after the game in the locker room , we can throw punches back and forth forever. It is what it is, Players cry, coaches whine, Coaches lobby to get in the playoffs, Saban cried more than Kirby. You won't see Kirby lobbying to get in , blah blah blah, I believe he did before he made it to the locker room, that's his job. And honestly Ga should be in, but who else do you leave out? Alabama and Texas was the cog in the wheels. Texas beat Bama, Bama beat Ga. , they had no choice, FSU will get toasted by Ga. And prove the Comittee right.

Where you been all year to suddenly show up runnin' dat yap?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Same here I don’t like Michigan either but I can’t and will not root for Bama if they were playing GT . Hate them with a passion
If Bama got their slot the old fashioned way I wouldn’t object but they got in on “4 best teams “ which is nothing more than a full wheelbarrow load of week old sun dried dog crap.

LEGHORN

Just flip the teams, Bama and FSU. FSU has 1 loss, really 2 with that 4th and 31(win/loss doesn’t matter anymore, committee told us that Sunday- you have to look at other circumstances, how you win or lose, injuries, etc) anyway, FSU wins their championship by 3 and has their QB. Bama is a 13-0 conference champion but Milroe is out. You absolutely know committee is putting Bama in. Like elfiii said, it’s a popularity contest and SEC is the most popular. They HAD to have an SEC team in the playoffs. It’s a completely flawed system, regular season and W/L means nothing. Your fate is determined by 13 folks who have major bias, or can be “swayed” one way or another.

poohbear

If Bama got their slot the old fashioned way I wouldn’t object but they got in on “4 best teams “ which is nothing more than a full wheelbarrow load of week old sun dried dog crap.
Got that right , if we talking 4 best the dawgs should be # 2 because Michigan Texas and Washington wouldn’t stand a chance against the Dawgs or Bama. It seems like the committee used some records and some popularity votes in their decision

00Beau

Where you been all year to suddenly show up runnin' dat yap?
Hilarious, I been here. You spin it the way you want! Bama is in , FSU and UGA aren't, the hate is fabulous! Merry Christmas and Good Luck in the Orange Bowl, make sure to have on blue on Jan 1st at 5pm.

Last edited:

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
What's funny is...if this were somehow weaved into a political narrative comparable, subjectivity vs objectivity, we'd have 99% agreement....the other 1% would get themselves banned :)

Resica

Got that right , if we talking 4 best the dawgs should be # 2 because Michigan Texas and Washington wouldn’t stand a chance against the Dawgs or Bama. It seems like the committee used some records and some popularity votes in their decision
You don't know that, time will tell!

Resica

I’m sorry dude, but ^that^ is flat out dumb.

If it were 12 teams now, we would have the most “EXCITING” playoff ever. With the most amount of teams that have ever won in a season. EVER! Greatest records, EVER!

If you aren’t in the top 12 in college football. The top 5 would kill you.
We will see.

Latest posts